Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduction

Quote Originally Posted by NullSmurf View Post
    You're what, 53, and you haven't learned how not to be a dick? You can't "man up" and duke it out on the Internet, Gary. I wish I could, but there isn't enough left of my body. You have to be articulate and to some extent, diplomatic. The Floating Fat man on Cigar Live quietly swept you under the rug, as is his style for those who annoy him. Banned on CigarPass for spouting shit, public and private. Where else are you no longer welcome? You're running out of boards, Gary.

I voted here once when I should not have, but I'd suggest you give him another chance. I think he is actually trying to contribute to the community.

Bruce you know the chance has passed for that to happen. We don't believe in the clean slate approach like CL. He stepped on his Dick and now he has to deal with it. He isn't man enough to simple say he is sorry without the BUT and then STFU. He needs to be right and not be responsible for his actions. It doesn't fly here, or CP, Snobs, and other places.

He's done!

DG
    DG
    SB
    HST
    AOD
    AOG
    CD

I don't have a huge post count for the amount of time I have been around but I don't act like a dumbass so everyone here knows I'm the shit. As a result I never have trouble participating in trades etc. and have a lot of great sticks in my box mostly from this board.
    End of line.

Invariably when I go to a place where a large crowd has assembled (sporting events, concerts, festivals, etc) there is at least one individual or group of individuals that believe they can act as obnoxiously as they please. And I've often wondered if they realize they are wearing white face, a big 'ol red nose and monsterously big shoes...

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Um, you've posted here 3-4 times this year and, like 4 times last year and you want to come on here and say a troll deserves another chance on this board? That's pretty goddamn presumptuous.
    True. Opinions and anuses, you know, and I was wrong with Bill. My dog in this hunt is only a chi-hua. Funny that he picked the toughest block in the neighborhood to make good. I'm suggesting you cut him some slack while he figures out how to handle himself. At worst, you recharge your new chew toy.
    Bruce

Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice.
    Hanlon's Razor

My post count is pretty much a nothing and it looks like I might need to buy a helmet. I don't assume anything on here but would like to at least say that everyone deserves a second chance and as we all know people make mistakes and at least be given a chance to redeem themselves. Who in these forums has never made a mistake or who in any forum as not stepped on their genitals in their life? I would hope that this forum of men/women that we are all equal and we can come on here and enjoy the fruits of this board and have a good time.

I am now ready for any tomatoes or old heads of lettuce to be thrown at me as I just put on my helmet.

Just trying to be a peaceable BOTL

Quote Originally Posted by NullSmurf View Post
    True. Opinions and anuses, you know, and I was wrong with Bill. My dog in this hunt is only a chi-hua. Funny that he picked the toughest block in the neighborhood to make good. I'm suggesting you cut him some slack while he figures out how to handle himself. At worst, you recharge your new chew toy.
    Thanks Bruce, but as someone else put it:

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Grinch View Post
    Bruce you know the chance has passed for that to happen. We don't believe in the clean slate approach like CL. He stepped on his Dick and now he has to deal with it. He isn't man enough to simple say he is sorry without the BUT and then STFU. He needs to be right and not be responsible for his actions. It doesn't fly here, or CP, Snobs, and other places.

He's done!

DG
    So, no dice.

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKYPATELSOLDERBROTHER View Post
    I would hope that this forum of the fruits of this board can come on here and have a good time.

Just trying to be a peaceable BOTF
    Brothers Of The Fruit?? Wrong board.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Originally Posted by ROCKYPATELSOLDERBROTHER
    I would hope that this forum of the fruits of this board can come on here and have a good time.

Mr. Basil, I saw that you misquoted what I said on my post and that is indeed distressing because anyone can plainly see what my original post was and what I said and I quote:

I would hope that this forum of men/women that we are all equal and we can come on here and enjoy the fruits of this board and have a good time.

Your reference was to make my remark mean something else which I was not inferring at all. Why would you twist the words to make it appear as if I said something when I did not? It makes me think that your actions speak volumes as to what you are really trying to do as NullSmurf was just making an overture to bring fairness to another member and your remarks were made not to appease or understand but rather to inflame. I can only imagine that this might not be the first time you have misquoted others just so that you can trash them and accuse them of what you sir, are most guilty yourself?

Why would you make a sexual 'joke' towards another member, albeit a junior member, with a remark like you made about me saying that I was on the wrong board? I understand that guys love to joke around on here and be sarcastic when they speak about things or other people but when you misquote and instigate problematic issues you demean what this message board is all about. There seems to be some very good people on here who just want to share their ideas and stories about cigars on here without having to read somebodys posts that just stir up trouble. I take very seriously what you posted on here and what you said and you need to apologize for your remark.

I understand all too well that new members are at a disadvantage when it comes to being the new kid on the block and that is part of the program but to suggest what you did towards me personally suggests your ID of a Reprobate is indeed true of your character; to refuse to accept; to condemn strongly as unworthy, unacceptable, or evil.

I became a member on here because a friend of mine told me how there were some great people here to get to know but what he didn't tell me about was members like yourself. Not only do you owe me an apology you should apologize for your behavior.

As a new member I did read quite a few of the rules on here:

What if I see something offensive?

You will find 'Report' links in many places throughout the board. These links allow you to alert the board staff to anything which you find to be offensive, objectionable or illegal.

Please apologize for your offensive statement towards me in the post you made.
    Last edited by ROCKYPATELSOLDERBROTHER; 08-19-2008 at 04:40 AM.

Blog Entries

My post count is pretty much a nothing and it looks like I might need to buy a helmet. I don't assume anything on here but would like to at least say that everyone deserves a second chance and as we all know people make mistakes and at least be given a chance to redeem themselves. Who in these forums has never made a mistake or who in any forum as not stepped on their genitals in their life? I would hope that this forum of men/women that we are all equal and we can come on here and enjoy the fruits of this board and have a good time.

I am now ready for any tomatoes or old heads of lettuce to be thrown at me as I just put on my helmet.

Just trying to be a peaceable BOTL
    Here is the problem with your second chance theory,,,,,,,this guy has had them. Did you read any of the links posted in this thread? I hope you did not,,,,,because if you did and still choose to stand up for this clown, your time here will not be pleasant either.

He has made no apology for any of his actions, but rather rationalized them as everybody elses problem,,,,,,,just a bunch of meanies we are, much as you are trying to say as well. You are simply re-asking the old question "Can't we all just get along?",,,,,,and, here, just as in life, the answer is a resounding NO.

This board is my home board, and I am just one who will not allow it to be infiltrated by the likes of craptain comma. I don't want any of my brothers here to be subjected to his bullshit via PM, nor do I want this board to be a refuge for those who cannot hang in the larger community. That's the function CL serves,,,,,all communities need a garbage dump.

Cigary is manipulative in his actions,,,,,placing public posts to give the appearance that he is being unjustly attacked while sending nasty PMs in the background fueling the fire. While I have no knowledge of you, the last line of your post makes me leery. Setting yourself up for martyrdom beside cigary?

You would be wise to let this go and allow the members who have significant time invested HERE to handle taking out the trash. I'm just a newbie in the grand scheme of things,,,,,the FOGS will be around soon I would imagine.

Whether you like it or not, this is what keeps our community safe and makes it what it is. There are fantastic BOTL's on this board, don't try to change the way things are done.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKYPATESOLDERBROTHER View Post

I would hope that this forum of men/women that we are all equal and we can come on here and enjoy the fruits of this board and have a good time.
    Until proven otherwise, ALL members are treated with the basic respect that all human beings deserve, so in that sense yes, we are all equal. However, in the sense of equality in sharing the fruits of this community,,,,,,,NO, we are most definitely NOT all equal. You must earn your place in the community through your daily interactions with others, that is how it worked for everybody else here. Cigary has earned exactly the amount of respect he is getting.

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKYPATESOLDERBROTHER View Post

You will find 'Report' links in many places throughout the board. These links allow you to alert the board staff to anything which you find to be offensive, objectionable or illegal.

So, you want to demand an apology from a very senior and respected member of this board, while defending a member who has steadfastly refused to apologize for actions that are of a much more serious nature???? Give me a fuckin' break. Go ahead and report the post if you must, I haven't seen Shagaroo around in a while, maybe he'll handle your report. If you have read the rules so well then no doubt you will recall that we are a member moderated community.

Oh, and yes, I edited your original post. I'm sure Basil will do an adequate job of responding to the parts I chose to remove.

Mr. Basil, I saw that you misquoted what I said on my post and that is indeed distressing because anyone can plainly see what my original post was and what I said and I quote:

Your reference was to make my remark mean something else which I was not inferring at all. Why would you twist the words to make it appear as if I said something when I did not? It makes me think that your actions speak volumes as to what you are really trying to do as NullSmurf was just making an overture to bring fairness to another member and your remarks were made not to appease or understand but rather to inflame. I can only imagine that this might not be the first time you have misquoted others just so that you can trash them and accuse them of what you sir, are most guilty yourself?

Why would you make a sexual 'joke' towards another member, albeit a junior member, with a remark like you made about me saying that I was on the wrong board? I understand that guys love to joke around on here and be sarcastic when they speak about things or other people but when you misquote and instigate problematic issues you demean what this message board is all about. There seems to be some very good people on here who just want to share their ideas and stories about cigars on here without having to read somebodys posts that just stir up trouble. I take very seriously what you posted on here and what you said and you need to apologize for your remark.

I understand all too well that new members are at a disadvantage when it comes to being the new kid on the block and that is part of the program but to suggest what you did towards me personally suggests your ID of a Reprobate is indeed true of your character; to refuse to accept; to condemn strongly as unworthy, unacceptable, or evil.

I became a member on here because a friend of mine told me how there were some great people here to get to know but what he didn't tell me about was members like yourself. Not only do you owe me an apology you should apologize for your behavior.

goddamn lighten up you nerd. Also understand people know each other here from all over the internet, not just here, and they also frequently do business with each other. Its essential to kick dickheads out because if you don't, people will eventually start losing money or cigars around here.
    End of line.

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...

Speaking of someone stepping all of their genitals...

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Speaking of someone stepping all of their genitals...
    See George, new chew toy.
    Bruce

Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice.
    Hanlon's Razor

Mr. Basil,

<bullshit>

Nice start, weak finish. You just won last place in mental gymnastics. Now go fuck yourself.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Nice start, weak finish. You just won last place in mental gymnastics. Now go fuck yourself.
    My god is that funny as hell! I love it!
    Yay! Cigars!

I'd like to personally thank those involved for filling about 45 minutes of my morning with this drama. I just made the comment last night to my wife that I needed a good book to read, at the least, I can be satisfied to postpone this till this weekend.

Cigary- You might be a great guy, but you haven't really done yourself any justice. Your expectation of a clean slate without the judgement is not realistic, especially with the number of boards and small groups in the cigar world. Everyone uses past experiences and info to make choices, if you dont', your really not learning anything from life. It is IMO a little hipocritical for to you put the blanket of guilt on everyone else because of how they have acted towards others and not expect it to be put on you. Learn to accept that respect has to been earned not given without a good reason. You are a noob, accept that, you'd be a noob and have to learn your way on other boards also, not just the ones with cigar lovers. Stop being sarcastic, is this how you feel you can act IRL? What makes you think you can come in here act like an ass, my thoughts are it's because you have a keyboard and monitor in front of you not the other person, which makes you an ethug. There may be some dick$ here, it you don't like them, stay away from them if you should stay, and stop trying to show how much more mature you are then them, it make you look stupid and more importantly you'll lose.

ROCKYPATELSOLDIERBROTHER- You scare me!!!!!

I ask that those who have posted, continue to post, I ask that if you haven't posted in this thread, you please join in. I do this mainly for selfish reasons, as I am a very busy person (obviously if I spent an hour of my work day reading this one thread) and may not have time to get a good book before this weekend, therefore it is your duty to entertain The Korean.

Also, if you should wish, please list suggestions of possible good reads.
    Believe Dat!

Gentlemen, I was looking for a cigar forum when I came upon this one. It's not about people here but posts and there is no equality at all because the only opinions you care about are your own. You treat newcomers with no respect whatsoever as you mock them and if they don't fit your 'mold' and act accordingly then they are given a thumbs down attitude or worse yet, they EDIT your words and attack you. NEW MEMBERS BEWARE if you are looking for a laid back forum you won't find it here because these members who are led by a few malcontents will attack if you don't say or opine in the manner that they feel is in their interests or opinions. I am sure the administrator didn't have this in mind when he started this site or else he would not have written the rule that I stated.

I wouldn't even waste my time in reporting Basil as he is already at the bottom of the food chain and there isn't anything else I could do in this regard. For those who read this and don't submit your opinion be careful how you choose to submit any future opinions in the future and good luck to you.

I'm still laughing to myself over a few of these so called men on here who feel they have to flex their online muscles to make themselves feel superior. Leave it to a few to screw up something decent for the rest. There are too many other cigar forums out there where decent people still go. For all of your offensive language you like to use on here that only condemns who you are as a person which I know you will never understand because you are already total reprobates. Don't bother answering on this post as I will not be back to read your neanderthal opinions but I'm quite sure you will have to answer to rationalize your behavior with each other and all of the backslapping that goes on when you attack others.

Blog Entries

I guess when you step on your penis by trying to stick up for a known asshat, you get what you deserve. 6 posts and you're already on your way out! Almost a record.
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Blog Entries

Gentlemen, I was looking for a cigar forum when I came upon this one. It's not about people here but posts and there is no equality at all because the only opinions you care about are your own. You treat newcomers with no respect whatsoever as you mock them and if they don't fit your 'mold' and act accordingly then they are given a thumbs down attitude or worse yet, they EDIT your words and attack you. NEW MEMBERS BEWARE if you are looking for a laid back forum you won't find it here because these members who are led by a few malcontents will attack if you don't say or opine in the manner that they feel is in their interests or opinions. I am sure the administrator didn't have this in mind when he started this site or else he would not have written the rule that I stated.

I wouldn't even waste my time in reporting Basil as he is already at the bottom of the food chain and there isn't anything else I could do in this regard. For those who read this and don't submit your opinion be careful how you choose to submit any future opinions in the future and good luck to you.

I'm still laughing to myself over a few of these so called men on here who feel they have to flex their online muscles to make themselves feel superior. Leave it to a few to screw up something decent for the rest. There are too many other cigar forums out there where decent people still go. For all of your offensive language you like to use on here that only condemns who you are as a person which I know you will never understand because you are already total reprobates. Don't bother answering on this post as I will not be back to read your neanderthal opinions but I'm quite sure you will have to answer to rationalize your behavior with each other and all of the backslapping that goes on when you attack others.
    Geesh, you will simply never get it!! You can certainly fling it, but your panties get all kinda wadded up when it comes back at ya' huh.

If you had left this alone and simply STFU you wouldn't be involved in this at all, your bad, not anyone elses fault.

If Cigary would have made a simple, unconditional, public apology after he stepped in it the first time at CP, he wouldn't be where he is either.

Simple as that.

...blah, blah, blah...
    Thank you... I am a better man for that
    ...Don't bother answering on this post...
    You've got to be kidding, right??
    ...as I will not be back to read your neanderthal opinions ...
    Well, I guess we'll see...

But just in case you happen to follow through with this heart wrenching threat...

Bye.
    more blah, blah, blah....

Thanks again... I feel so enlightened now.

I've only been registered here for for a month(1 month exactly actually. YAY ME!) and I was greeted and welcomed here with the utmost respect.

Learn to adapt. NEWBIES DON'T BEWARE, this is a good community with a ton of great info and good people. Just don't come in expecting to change the world, join for what it is, not for what YOU want to make it.

Thread Information