Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduction

Quote Originally Posted by NullSmurf View Post
    As George said, confused. Yes to the First Amendment - free speech, to the death and all that. Congress shall make no law, yadda, yadda. You may express your opinion, but not without cost. You say "A", I say "B", then comes the debate. The audience hears the arguments and line up on the most convincing side. If you can't or won't stand behind what you say, you should stay quiet. That is the price of free speech.

When an argument is as weak as was solderbrother's, its going to get blown out. The final tally is most likely solderbrother 3, us 50. Kabloooey.
    Free speech? Sure in public. But this isn't public. This is Hex's place. And he's nice enough to let us hang out here.

Now, as for the couple of asshats, specifically Cigary and "brother", I'd say we string them up by their toes for all to see when registering and then ban their useless asses.
    Last edited by Corvin; 08-20-2008 at 06:45 PM. Reason: I speel gud.
    Just a stay at home dad (retired until I choose otherwise, thanks Canadian Army medical pension) hanging out and enjoying the good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Soli View Post
    all this guy did was voice his opinion and he gets jumped on him like he took a sh1t in someones humidor!

it makes sense that you need time to build up respect in a community, but everyone is entitled to their opinion (and to voice such) without getting jumped on by the local vigilante!
    who was it that said: '' i do not agree with what you say, but i will defend to the hilt your right to say it''

think we all need to go have a sit down and come back later and hug it out!
    Really. Ok, logan put it better than I would above and you should click the link he found as well.

The only thing I'd like to add is regarding that shitty quote you used. We've had some low-lifes come on here, get their feelings hurt, and in the ensuing meltdown make some pretty heinous statements - racisism, threats of physical and sexual violence to members here and/or their family members. Will you defend that to the hilt soli? Try it and you'll be thrown out so fast you'll be digging yourself out of your defendent's ass.

rockypatelsassholebrother's BS may've sounded relatively mild, but if on a severity scale (call it a troll scale) of 1-100 a racist remark might register in the 80's, and rockyetc.'s polite little contribution in the 20's, the two of them both still have the scale in common. A delicate troll is still a troll - someone who with blustering, threats, haranguing, whining, or whatever, believes he will come onto a forum and arrogantly try to change that forum and the thinking within. Not because he's right. Not because he cares about any principle. Not in the name of the downtrodden under the heels of the mean ol' local vigilante. But simply because he cannot bear the thought of a place in which he has zero control. So, he foolishly goes about the business of creating for himself a delusion of power over others' reality. This person's days are numbered. He has no business here and the sooner he's gone, the better.

So, it'd be pretty cool if you would give it some more thought before you decide to comment any further one way or the other on this issue. No one's trying to indoctrinate here - just suggesting you sit still, enjoy some cigars, etc.
    Last edited by basil; 08-21-2008 at 08:45 PM. Reason: punctuation, etc.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Quote Originally Posted by NullSmurf View Post
    As George said, confused. Yes to the First Amendment - free speech, to the death and all that. Congress shall make no law, yadda, yadda. You may express your opinion, but not without cost. You say "A", I say "B", then comes the debate. The audience hears the arguments and line up on the most convincing side. If you can't or won't stand behind what you say, you should stay quiet. That is the price of free speech.

When an argument is as weak as was solderbrother's, its going to get blown out. The final tally is most likely solderbrother 3, us 50. Kabloooey.

Bruce - How dare you confuse the issues in this argument with facts. You should be ashamed of yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Corvin View Post
    Free speech? Sure in public. But this isn't public. This is Hex's place. And he's nice enough to let us hang out here.

I believe Bruce was talking the much deeper pain of "free speech" - beyond the insignificant actions Hex make take on his board.

Nope - I think Bruce is talking about the pain of someone verbalizing their ignorance. For example: walking into a meanest, roughest biker bar late in the evening during free beer night and shouting "FREEZE - POLICE!". That could get quite painful...

Quote Originally Posted by Corvin View Post
    Now, as for the couple of asshats, specifically Cigary and "brother", I'd say we string them up by their toes for all to see when registering and then ban their useless asses.
    Nope - then they'll be gone for good - never to have proven their true worth. They either prove themselves to be good guys - or they can die the death by a thousand cuts. Either way it's pure entertainment.

5. Default

Good board for asshats www.cigarlive.com
    The older I get ,the better I was

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    Good board for asshats www.cigarlive.com
    They came from there.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    They came from there.
    Well now - doesn't that explain quite a bit!!!

For example - unfamiliarity with being responsible for ones actions. No need to do that over there - they'll just ban anyone who would dare even think or say anything or anyone is wrong

So why be so Pollyanna at CL? Well now - let's look at the facts. Could it be that being proactive against the "Internet Meanies" could lead to taking away from the site owners bottom line? Geez - you think so (i.e. - anyone ever heard of "LIVE" cigars)? What an incredibly effective way to placate the sheep on the way to slaughter.

Fast forward to CS. Does it dawn on any of the low post, newly joining members raising such a stink that maybe - JUST MAYBE - there's a method to this so-called madness they despise?

Sorry, boys - we don't like seeing good sheep slaughtered. However - call us "meanies" if you like - if you're in the minority and happen to have some attributes that need culling from the herd - we're not opposed to letting you head back on over to the slaughter house.

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    So, it'd be pretty cool if you would give it some more thought before you decide to comment any further one way or the other on this issue. No one's trying to indoctrinate here - just suggesting you sit still, enjoy some cigars, etc.
    ok, some very good points been made here. think ive made a few steps in the wrong direction, so my apologies folks.
    it seems that things are done very differently indeed on self modded forums, than on the admin controlled ones that i am used to- my bad.
    should have heeded the advice given to me, and will be sitting back and watching the fireworks in future, and not to stick me nose in!

on the plus, got me a tupperdor sorted finally and it seems to be holding vaguely steady at 70%, time to go spend some money filling it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Soli View Post
    ok, some very good points been made here. think ive made a few steps in the wrong direction, so my apologies folks.
    it seems that things are done very differently indeed on self modded forums, than on the admin controlled ones that i am used to- my bad.
    should have heeded the advice given to me, and will be sitting back and watching the fireworks in future, and not to stick me nose in!

on the plus, got me a tupperdor sorted finally and it seems to be holding vaguely steady at 70%, time to go spend some money filling it up!
    Thanks Soli. Congrats on the tupperdor and have fun filling it.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

You know - the more I think about it...

Mr. Cigary's lack of ethics has become so flagrant that it merits your complete attention. To organize my discussion, I suggest that we take one step back in the causal chain and improve the lot of humankind. All of Cigary's energy is expended in destroying our moral fiber -- and Cigary knows it. He has a talent for inventing fantasy worlds in which women are crazed Pavlovian sex-dogs who will salivate at any object even remotely phallic in shape. Then again, just because Cigary is a prolific fantasist doesn't mean that everyone and everything discriminates against him -- including the writing on the bathroom stalls. What does this mean for our future? For one thing, it means that his maudlin preoccupation with nihilism, usually sicklied over with such nonsense words as "homeotransplantation", would make sense if a person's honor were determined strictly by his or her ability to etiolate Cigary's enemies. As that's not the case, we can conclude only that his primary viewpoint, that hanging out with vexatious psychics of one sort or another is a wonderful, culturally enriching experience, is directly related to the attitudes in our society that put a clog on all attempts to limit his power. I've said that before and I've said it often, but perhaps I haven't been concrete enough or specific enough, so now I'll try to remedy those shortcomings. I'll try to be a lot more specific and concrete when I explain that when he says that the rigors that his victims have been called upon to undergo have been amply justified in the sphere of concrete achievement, that's just a load of spucatum tauri.

The key to Cigary's soul is his longing for the effortless, irresponsible, automatic consciousness of an animal. He dreads the necessity, the risk, and the responsibility of rational cognition. As a result, we should act as a positive role model for younger people. (Goodness knows, our elected officials aren't going to.) Who among you reading these words is not moved to speak up and speak out against Cigary? It is far too easy for him to use fear, intimidation, sedating substances, and other tools to convince revolting pissants to provide support to backwards banana republics and their execrable dictators. So let him call me mendacious. I call him headlong.

Individually, Cigary's prognoses blow the whole situation way out of proportion. But linked together, Cigary's comments could easily cause (or at least contribute to) a variety of social ills. Even with the increasing number of heinous, conniving toughies, Cigary sometimes has trouble convincing people that he is the ultimate authority on what's right and what's wrong. When he has such trouble, he usually trots out a few irritable moral weaklings to constate authoritatively that all major world powers are controlled by a covert group of "insiders". Whether or not that trick of his works, it's still the case that in these days of political correctness and the changing of how history is taught in schools to fulfill a particular agenda, I oppose Cigary's roorbacks because they are closed-minded. I oppose them because they are brown-nosing. And I oppose them because they will use both overt and covert deceptions to create catchy, new terms for boring, old issues by next weekend. The only way that Mr. Cigary could convince me that society is screaming for his sophistries would be to feed me stupid-flakes for breakfast. Period, finis, and Q.E.D.

Columbus/Canton, OH (home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame!!!)

dur
    Last edited by Mikey-OH; 09-02-2008 at 12:52 AM. Reason: i'm dumb and careless

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey-OH View Post
    Welcome from the Buckeye state!
    Oh, Mike - you're so doggone funny!!!

oops...i'm retarded.

Blog Entries

oops...i'm retarded.
    Why are you insulting retarded people all over the world????

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Why are you insulting retarded people all over the world????
    Maybe me being an idiot is more PC???

Blog Entries

Maybe me being an idiot is more PC???
    I couldn't care less about being PC........if you didn't get my meaning, perhaps you should follow the advice Basil gave you a while back and seek out a refund from your school.

You guys just never quit.....actually just you. It's getting entertaining at this point.

Technically. the "free speech" that our Federal Constitution affords only protects citizens "protected speech" (and not all speech is protected) from being inhibited by government actors, both state and federal. It doesn't apply to this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey-HO View Post
    You guys just never quit.....actually just you. It's getting entertaining at this point.
    Mikey just fucking stop right there.
    - Tom Robbins

Cigary Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    You know - the more I think about it...

Mr. Cigary's lack of ethics has become so flagrant that it merits your complete attention. To organize my discussion, I suggest that we take one step back in the causal chain and improve the lot of humankind. All of Cigary's energy is expended in destroying our moral fiber -- and Cigary knows it. He has a talent for inventing fantasy worlds in which women are crazed Pavlovian sex-dogs who will salivate at any object even remotely phallic in shape. Then again, just because Cigary is a prolific fantasist doesn't mean that everyone and everything discriminates against him -- including the writing on the bathroom stalls. What does this mean for our future? For one thing, it means that his maudlin preoccupation with nihilism, usually sicklied over with such nonsense words as "homeotransplantation", would make sense if a person's honor were determined strictly by his or her ability to etiolate Cigary's enemies. As that's not the case, we can conclude only that his primary viewpoint, that hanging out with vexatious psychics of one sort or another is a wonderful, culturally enriching experience, is directly related to the attitudes in our society that put a clog on all attempts to limit his power. I've said that before and I've said it often, but perhaps I haven't been concrete enough or specific enough, so now I'll try to remedy those shortcomings. I'll try to be a lot more specific and concrete when I explain that when he says that the rigors that his victims have been called upon to undergo have been amply justified in the sphere of concrete achievement, that's just a load of spucatum tauri.

The key to Cigary's soul is his longing for the effortless, irresponsible, automatic consciousness of an animal. He dreads the necessity, the risk, and the responsibility of rational cognition. As a result, we should act as a positive role model for younger people. (Goodness knows, our elected officials aren't going to.) Who among you reading these words is not moved to speak up and speak out against Cigary? It is far too easy for him to use fear, intimidation, sedating substances, and other tools to convince revolting pissants to provide support to backwards banana republics and their execrable dictators. So let him call me mendacious. I call him headlong.

Individually, Cigary's prognoses blow the whole situation way out of proportion. But linked together, Cigary's comments could easily cause (or at least contribute to) a variety of social ills. Even with the increasing number of heinous, conniving toughies, Cigary sometimes has trouble convincing people that he is the ultimate authority on what's right and what's wrong. When he has such trouble, he usually trots out a few irritable moral weaklings to constate authoritatively that all major world powers are controlled by a covert group of "insiders". Whether or not that trick of his works, it's still the case that in these days of political correctness and the changing of how history is taught in schools to fulfill a particular agenda, I oppose Cigary's roorbacks because they are closed-minded. I oppose them because they are brown-nosing. And I oppose them because they will use both overt and covert deceptions to create catchy, new terms for boring, old issues by next weekend. The only way that Mr. Cigary could convince me that society is screaming for his sophistries would be to feed me stupid-flakes for breakfast. Period, finis, and Q.E.D.
    I was almost impressed with your diatribe until I realized once again that you and Basil love to talk out of your ass and think you know more than anyone. You guys crack me up as I read your commentaries of things you have absolutely no knowledge whatsoever but if it makes you feel superior then by all means keep it up. By the way, I don't troll and I'm sure you will make a big stink again and impress yourself with another monologue,,(yawn).

Every once in a while I check in to see if you grown up yet and as such I see you still hang on to this like a parasite. You love this and I'm happy to oblige you so that you can puff out that big oratorical chest of yours and spout all kinds of stuff. Come on you big stud, impress all of us again with your grandstanding speeches. I know secretly that you like me to come on here cuz it makes you feel all superior and that's what I'm here for is to help make your day,,,or not. Do ya like it so far? And if not then I suggest you do what Basil does,,,suck it til ya do.

Thread Information