Thread: Introduction

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cigary View Post
    Answer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some people like to think they know everything and then there are people like you who feel they know everything and rationalize their bizarre behavior. You are one of the 'shark' people who attack just out of the sense of seeing blood and you churn the water because you enjoy it. If I were the kind of person you think I'd be on here doing what you accuse me of and I haven't. I answer man to man without going into the public forum to 'justify' my attacking behavior. I don't know you from Adam and I can't make an accurate assessment of who you are except what you have shown. You don't know me either and you think you can make a 100% assessment of who I am. At least NULLSMURF ( Bruce ) has backed off with the statement he made in the post and I give him credit for saying what he did. For you, I guess you can continue your quest for some kind of validation for trying to 'get' me but at the end of the day what are you really getting? I go to bed and get up the next day just like I have everyday without so much as a thought about losing any sleep because of your frenzy. You are only getting this PM because I at least am man enough to try and settle things one on one but it appears you can't say the same because you need an audience to justify your behavior. Funny how you see your actions as normal and my actions weren't even close to what you exhibit. You may post this if you need to in the forum if that is your wish but at least quote the whole PM and not edit parts out to make you look like you have some kind of integrity.

Enjoy your day and try to keep yourself under control before you have a stroke.

<sigh> just received this little gem. I don't have to know you very well in order to know that you expect others to share your reality, skewed as it may be, upon pain of harassing and haranguing those with your blathering drivel; in short, a troll. Someone over at CP said it much better and more succinctly than I could:

"This is, by the way, a self moderated forum. The system works, if marred by a little excess from time to time. Do stop trying to change the way things are run here mate, because you won't get far. Most of us who stick around do so because we are comfortable with how things are done. You can see how we would react harshly to new members thinking they know better.

To sum up: Less with the moral superiority, and more attention to good grammar please."

----- Macion Grey

Yeah, I am a "shark people". And this is what you get for bein' such a fuckin' bucket of chum.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

can one, or preferably both, sides of this little difference in opinion just bite the bullet and shut up?
    arguing like this has potential to ruin a good community
    but hey, what do i know, im new here

I just got excited because people started quoting me!

anyone for a smoke....?
    Last edited by Soli; 08-17-2008 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soli View Post
    can one, or preferably both, sides of this little difference in opinion just bite the bullet and shut up?
    arguing like this has potential to ruin a good community
    but hey, what do i know, im new here

I just got excited because people started quoting me!

anyone for a smoke....?

Soli - That would be nice if it all just ended, wouldn't it. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. Past history has shown that ignoring a known troll is the thing that causes chaos.

Just sit back and enjoy the show. This will pass pretty quickly.

Hope you enjoy the quote.

true, but for some provocation/retaliation (just or unjust) just serves as encouragement.

but, as you say: sometimes elephants are just too big to ignore. and our pack of canis familiaris are going for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    oh yeah! any chance of getting in a sig...?

but yeah, my 2 pence, welcome or not.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    Soli - That would be nice if it all just ended, wouldn't it. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. Past history has shown that ignoring a known troll is the thing that causes chaos.

Just sit back and enjoy the show. This will pass pretty quickly.

Right on the money Mark!! I think it pretty much has already passed,,,,craptain comma has moved to his last bastion,,,,,the PM. If he holds true to his trollish behavior,,,,that is all he'll do from here on out. That way he can try to play the victim.

Nice of him to clean up the PM language a tad,,,,,,since he knows they can/will be made public if necessary. Teds was certainly a little different from the others we've seen.

It doesn't take post count to be a member. We have had those with 1000's of post get tossed out of the community. What it takes is time to learn the community and how things work. Your word here means the most. If you come in as a blow hard jumping into the thick of things voicing your oppion as fact then you can end up screwing the pouch. And when I say here I just don't mean this board. We are a community which goes beyond just one cigar board. How I behave here or on another board(Doesn't have to be cigar.) will go to showing my character.

You also show the boards respect when you take the time to read and find out how things are done. It builds trust that you are a mature person.

Their is more to this and I know I have and others have posted it. I think a couple of stickies are around explain things. Just take the time to read them.

DG
    DG
    SB
    HST
    AOD
    AOG
    CD

I don't have a huge post count for the amount of time I have been around but I don't act like a dumbass so everyone here knows I'm the shit. As a result I never have trouble participating in trades etc. and have a lot of great sticks in my box mostly from this board.
    End of line.

Invariably when I go to a place where a large crowd has assembled (sporting events, concerts, festivals, etc) there is at least one individual or group of individuals that believe they can act as obnoxiously as they please. And I've often wondered if they realize they are wearing white face, a big 'ol red nose and monsterously big shoes...

Thread Information