Thread: Never EVER order from CigarExtras.com

1. Default Never EVER order from CigarExtras.com

Why? Because I just spent a month dealing with their terrible customer service... It was the worst example of customer service I've ever seen!

My story along with full details can be found here

http://rusirius76.blogspot.com/2008/...extrascom.html

Hopefully it'll help keep someone from making the same mistake I did!

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by rusirius View Post
    Why? Because I just spent a month dealing with their terrible customer service... It was the worst example of customer service I've ever seen!

This is probably one of the most terrible cases of Customer Service I have ever seen. I have been to their website and considered doing business with them but after this fiasco I doubt I would ever give them a dime. When you paid for this humidor, did you use a credit card ( not debit card ) because if you did all you have to do is let your credit card administrator know what is going on and then dispute the charges. You no doubt have enough evidence that you have been taken advantage of and then the charges would be taken off your card. I have done this at least half a dozen times and as long as you have proof of your claim they will protect you.

Good luck!

Well... Hello there "Are You Serious?" Welcome to CigarSmokers....

I like your intro thread - very nice!

And you are?

4. Default

Thats too bad man. I have ordered 7 of my 24 humidors from them and have had zero problems with their quality or service.
    The older I get ,the better I was

Blog Entries

Who are you? I like to know the people giving me advice.........or trying to direct my shopping dollar.

Let's see, "Who am I you ask". Bub-bub-bub-but you guys might be mean to me if you know who I really am.

Blog Entries

Interesting find when you follow his link:

Possible Blogger Terms of Service Violations
    This blog is currently under review due to possible Blogger Terms of Service violations.

If you're a regular reader of this blog and are confident that the content is appropriate, feel free to click "Proceed" to proceed to the blog. We apologize for the inconvenience.

If you're an author of this blog, please follow the instructions on your dashboard for removing this warning page.

Proceed

It seems like his blog got alot of attention. That was not there yesterday.

Rich

Find it interesting that he stayed on the site for two hours after he posted this, yet never came back... Shouldn't this thread be deleted? I've never seen it done before but the fact that we have a slanderous post towards a large cigar retailer is quite sad to me...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alcibiates View Post
    Find it interesting that he stayed on the site for two hours after he posted this, yet never came back... Shouldn't this thread be deleted? I've never seen it done before but the fact that we have a slanderous post towards a large cigar retailer is quite sad to me...
    Blasphemy!!!
    Last edited by ashauler; 10-07-2008 at 12:56 PM. Reason: hit submit too soon

Deletion is bad, lest we turn out like other forums where you may try to log in one day and find your email no longer exists in their database. Either way, a slanderous post is just anonymous rambling if the person never posts again to establish some line of credibility.

It may just be anonymous rambling, but a random person looking for reviews on a site may see that and choose not to go to that site because of it... Just a personal thing-- I could see how others would prefer to not delete things.

It may just be anonymous rambling, but a random person looking for reviews on a site may see that and choose not to go to that site because of it... Just a personal thing-- I could see how others would prefer to not delete things.
    I can see your point, but I'd hope that not everyone accepts everything they read on the internet without ever looking for credibility. If I believed everything I read in blogs...

Never NEVER never delete a post/thread. If you don't want criticism - don't do anything to be criticized for.

I seriously doubt anyone would pay much attention to anyone who has never established himself with the community he's posted at...

If anyone takes him seriously - they need a good swift kick in the wazoo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Never NEVER never delete a post/thread. If you don't want criticism - don't do anything to be criticized for.

I seriously doubt anyone would pay much attention to anyone who has never established himself with the community he's posted at...

If anyone takes him seriously - they need a good swift kick in the wazoo!!!
    That's right. George taught me this up front. It is not acceptable. Think before you flatulate, because not everyone enjoys the stench.

The person had a bad experience. If you have ever taken a management course they will teach you (well they used to anyways) to bend over when a customer is pissed. Why? Because a happy customer is likely to be content with their purchase and maybe, maybe, tell one or two people, "Hey, so and so is alright to buy cigars from." That is a big "Maybe." A pissed of customer, though, is gonna tell 10+ people how horrible their experience was, and, they will probably exaggerate it because they are royally pissed off and emotional over the ordeal.

I remember when I could walk to the return desk just about anywhere, red in the face, and get what I wanted just because I was irritated by my purchase. Obviously this mentality has changed in the last 5 years with retailers but the consumerism holds true. This guy is just being a typical consumer even though his means of expressing himself lacked the foundation he needed to make a solid point.

If he wanted to make a point this strongly he should have been more graceful or political about it. I read his post and think, "man they really pissed him off," but hey it happens, no merchant is perfect. If the deal is right, I'll still give them a try because he failed to convince me they are incompetent.

Deleting the post is wrong. Regardless of this person's lack of style, forums are still a great place for consumer awareness. Had everyone who dealt with this company had a similar experience with the company this thread would be going a different direction and we'd all be aware of a potentially harmful online retailer. Obviously that is not the case, so my C.A.L (Consumer Alertness Level) for this vendor remains at threat level "yellow."

FYI - C.A.L is my own thing and not an official management term..... as far as I know.
    ~PackinHeat~

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. "
    -Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by PackinHeat View Post
    The person had a bad experience. If you have ever taken a management course they will teach you (well they used to anyways) to bend over when a customer is pissed. Why? Because a happy customer is likely to be content with their purchase and maybe, maybe, tell one or two people, "Hey, so and so is alright to buy cigars from." That is a big "Maybe." A pissed of customer, though, is gonna tell 10+ people how horrible their experience was, and, they will probably exaggerate it because they are royally pissed off and emotional over the ordeal.

I remember when I could walk to the return desk just about anywhere, red in the face, and get what I wanted just because I was irritated by my purchase. Obviously this mentality has changed in the last 5 years with retailers but the consumerism holds true. This guy is just being a typical consumer even though his means of expressing himself lacked the foundation he needed to make a solid point.

If he wanted to make a point this strongly he should have been more graceful or political about it. I read his post and think, "man they really pissed him off," but hey it happens, no merchant is perfect. If the deal is right, I'll still give them a try because he failed to convince me they are incompetent.

Deleting the post is wrong. Regardless of this person's lack of style, forums are still a great place for consumer awareness. Had everyone who dealt with this company had a similar experience with the company this thread would be going a different direction and we'd all be aware of a potentially harmful online retailer. Obviously that is not the case, so my C.A.L (Consumer Alertness Level) for this vendor remains at threat level "yellow."

FYI - C.A.L is my own thing and not an official management term..... as far as I know.
    Yep - 5 years ago merchants would bend over backwards and do anything for a consumer. But soon found that in doing so, they'd take a huge loss with little gain. Now - most folks in the customer service game weigh the advantages of bending over backwards, vs the risk of not doing so. Most times - it's truly better to tell them to take a hike...

We don't know what happened with that transaction. Fact is - the humidor was priced at $99.00. And the one sent to him was of at least equal value. He might not have liked the replacement, but it certainly wasn't hugely different than what he had originally ordered. You get what you pay for!

If the guy was whining about a $500+ humidor I'd be inclined to be somewhat sympathetic. In this case - I think the baby needs a bottle...
    Last edited by ggiese; 10-08-2008 at 09:47 PM.

Thread Information