Thread: Anyone know what lighter this is?

1. Default Anyone know what lighter this is?

I have looked for a lighter like this. I like the fact that it has a hands free flame. and its not a torch. I always get a good light with a soft flame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8V66FoZEig

Looks like a dupont pipe lighter, not sure about the guys technique though.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Total Bullshit. He's letting the flame soot up the entire foot. You should keep the cigar just above the tip of the flame when toasting. The yellow part of the flame is unburned fuel and can taint the taste of your cigar.
    In an extreme example, lets say you light up with a sulfur match, that first draw will deposit the sulfur taste throughout the entire length of the cigar and it will not go away.
    What he did, I would be able to taste the sooty butane deposit. A torch burns with a much cleaner (blue) flame. That dude does not know how to light a cigar.

As for the lighter, there are a hundred choices in soft flame pipe lighters. The soft flame allows you to suck the flame down into the pipe.
    Last edited by DeeDubya; 08-06-2008 at 07:37 AM.

this is the lighter I use whenever I'm in smoking conditions conducive to a soft flame lighter. Same basic set up as the one he was using. Linky

Mattie03 Guest

I don't know what that is, but it looks cool.

I don't know what kink of lighter that is, but I was told you're not supposed to let the flame touch the cigar, just the heat from the flame will light it.
    My lighters better. I have a triple jet

Quote Originally Posted by stjohnroe View Post
    Looks like a dupont pipe lighter, not sure about the guys technique though.
    Yep -

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD60 View Post
    I don't know what kink of lighter that is, but I was told you're not supposed to let the flame touch the cigar, just the heat from the flame will light it.
    My lighters better. I have a triple jet
    Wow. Mine only cost 99 cents........it only has one flame though. I feel so inadequate.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Wow. Mine only cost 99 cents........it only has one flame though. I feel so inadequate.
    I hate lighters. I keep thinking that a super-sized car-type lighter would be best ... or an alcohol burner (lower temp. flame).
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    I hate lighters. I keep thinking that a super-sized car-type lighter would be best ... or an alcohol burner (lower temp. flame).
    I also like this idea at first thought. I can't find anything though with a quick google search. I would think it should be electric and battery powered. For me, rechargeable via USB would be a huge plus. I could leave it charging at work, I have a usb charger in my truck for my cell phone and bluetooth devices.... So the next problem I see is how would you keep the element clean so it doesn't stink up your stick?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dauker View Post
    I also like this idea at first thought. I can't find anything though with a quick google search. I would think it should be electric and battery powered. For me, rechargeable via USB would be a huge plus. I could leave it charging at work, I have a usb charger in my truck for my cell phone and bluetooth devices.... So the next problem I see is how would you keep the element clean so it doesn't stink up your stick?
    The element is self-cleaning on the next use - car lighters were originally designed to light cigars, not cigarettes! The issue is that cigars sold in earlier times were mostly corona's, so the elements are narrow.

Old car lighters even had built-in cutters: http://www.cascoglobal.com/classic-l...hters/history/

But, found one: http://cigarlighter.com

Doh!

Although the site is old, the toll-free number still works. The person answering didn't know the exact dimensions, but they're going to pull one out of the box and e-mail me
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Blog Entries

Last edited by cinda; 01-01-2009 at 12:03 AM.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Thread Information