Thread: Nub 358

Default Nub 358

So I am an admitted newbie. So take this for what it is worth. I had a NUB 358 Connecticut today and from what I had read, it seemed like it would be right up my alley. I didn't enjoy it at all really. Part of the problem was its length. I had it while golfing and the shortness isn't really conducive to smoking while playing IMHO. The taste was a bit strong too I think. Again, just a newb opinion. Was hoping for a nice mild-medium flavor, but I felt it was hot and bitter. What are your throughts?
    Matt
    Dayton, OH

Be nice, I'm new here

actually these seem like a decent stick for golfing. since it has such a large RG it burns slower right? so you have time to smoke it in between shots.

that said. if it felt hot and bitter you're taking a puff too often. the rule of thumb is about 1 puff per minute. I too am a newbie to cigars but thats what i've been told and after i started doing it I was much better off. Try that out and let me know.

Also, since you didnt like the nub, did you buy more than one? If you don't want them, I'll take them off your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by debo08080 View Post
    actually these seem like a decent stick for golfing. since it has such a large RG it burns slower right? so you have time to smoke it in between shots.

that said. if it felt hot and bitter you're taking a puff too often. the rule of thumb is about 1 puff per minute. I too am a newbie to cigars but thats what i've been told and after i started doing it I was much better off. Try that out and let me know.

Also, since you didnt like the nub, did you buy more than one? If you don't want them, I'll take them off your hands.
    It wasn't the burn time it was more the physical length. I tend to play fast golf so I don't sit around and chit chat much. I smoke while I play and the smoke from the cigar just got in my face because it was so short. That was probably the biggest issue. The flavor just wasn't what I was looking for either. I am definitely not saying it was a bad smoke, just not to my particular liking at the time.

I bought 4 sticks. Two were smoked yesterday and the other two went to the guy I was playing golf with. He seemed to enjoy them.

I will give the 1 puff per minute thing a try.
    Matt
    Dayton, OH

Be nice, I'm new here

I would never smoke a nub while golfing. Never at all!

I stick with Churchills, presidentes, A's, etc for golf. They length lets them sit stable and long enough to not worry about it getting hot or worrying about where to set it down.

Nub is a sit down a smoke cigar...

I play alot of golf and will usually take a churchill or something similar just because of what you are talking about as far as length. A churchill will burn cooler and give you the amount of time you want while you play your game. Don't forget your cigar caddy. As far as the Nub goes it's not my cup of tea but I read so much of what others say about it and I wish I could get the same pleasure as they do. It's a good thing there are so many other brands out there. It's too bad you can't take a mulligan on a stogie some days.

This is my first time posting so GREETINGS to all you BOTL.

Anyway, I wasn't sure if you guys knew but Nubs are supposed to smoke as long as a robusto all the way to a presidente. I also found out that on the box of the NUBs they give burn times. On my box of Habano 460 it says 61 minutes and my box of Habano 466 it says 74 minutes. I think these are good short smokes and if I were golfing I'd probably stick with a Churchill or bigger. I personally like the Habano and the Connecticut, not so much the cameroon. Anyway, to each their own. Happy smoking

Thread Information