Thread: The Humidor bag

1. Default The Humidor bag

I went to my local cigar shop today and bought a few cigars and asked what I could use to keep them fresh, and he recommended a humidor bag. he said it should keep them fresh for six months.I bought it, because I don't want another good cigar going bad. My question is have any of you used these, and if so how well do they work?

2. Default

They wil work fine. Go to ebay and buy a humidor .You can get 1 shipped for under 50$
    The older I get ,the better I was

They'll work, but I doubt they'll last 6 months... maybe 3 from the first day it is opened depending on how much you open and close the bag.

Like Kevin7 said, go get yourself a humidor and a good humidification device and set it up properly. No matter what you buy you're going to want to stabilize the cigar for at least 3-4 weeks in a proper environment before you smoke it.

There's a bunch of good threads here on seasoning a new humidor. Make sure you do it right.

Or of course you could go for the coolerdor option
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Another thing about these humi-bags. They are really intended to take a few cigars with you when you're traveling for a few days. They only have so much moisture in them and can't be rejuvenated. Personally I'd never keep them for more than a couple of weeks, and that's using them sparingly. If you are using them as an everyday humidor and constantly opening and closing them and putting dry cigars in them, the cigars will absorb the available moisture and the bags will dry up pretty quickly.

during school I couldn't keep up with my humi's so my sticks ran real dry for a long time. I got sick of trying to fix the humis so I am looking into the coolidor option and I have put all of my cigars into two big humi bags. they have been there about a month and the cigars have been rejuvinated pretty well and the bags sit stable at a 70% RH. so they work pretty good for at least a month. I'll see how it pans out tho.

7. Default

I'd strongly recommend one of the hard plastic cases like X-treme or whatever; they're all the same. A little distilled water on the foam (or occasionally some 50:50)and the humidity holds at around 65 for a couple of weeks. Very low maintenance. The 5 cigar case is pretty cheap. Or, get the 20 (still cheap compared to a humi)and take out the foam dividers. I put a few scrap sheets of cedar in mine to fool the sticks into thinking they're in a real humi.

8. Default

the bag idea is great especially if you need to quikly humidify your cigars however this is not a great idea for a long term thing especially if you are into cigars you will need a humidor so you might as well get one now you can buy them for as cheap as 20 bucks it depends on the size you want. but i wouldnt stick with your humibag

Thread Information