Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Olympics

Default Olympics

Ok, is anyone watching these? I mean, I know there's not much one can say, slackjawed, about Phelps but shit that guy's an animal! And yup, I'm gettin' up at 4am to watch soccer, badminton, beach volleyball (Women's - Georgia beat Russia, ironically), etc. And what about Torres? holy shit! And it goes on and on . . .
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

I'm fully convinced phelps is part fish....he'll prolly win all 8 golds.

Also, i love beach volleyball. I always turn it on if its on. and basketball, tomorrow at 8EST US plays Greece, big game for them.

I am all about the olympics, i watch them every chance i get. How about the mens 4x200 free where the USA beat the WR by 5 sec!?!?!? The Olympics are my #2 favorite sports season (if you can call it a season). College footbal is obiviously #1, now if only football were an olympic sport.
    Mark 8:36

I've been home sick all week from a stomach virus (which sucks hardcore), but having the olympics on has been sweet for daytime TV watching.

I'm watching USA v Greece now, nice to watch the 'Redeem Team' against a challenge.

Phelps has been sick, did anyone watch the relay from Monday night when Lezak came back at the end? That was insane.

Quote Originally Posted by derivation View Post
    I've been home sick all week from a stomach virus (which sucks hardcore), but having the olympics on has been sweet for daytime TV watching. .
    Yeah being sick sucks - hope you're feeling better.

I'm watching USA v Greece now, nice to watch the 'Redeem Team' against a challenge.
    Just checked the score - go USA!!!

Phelps has been sick, did anyone watch the relay from Monday night when Lezak came back at the end? That was insane.
    Yeah that guy was an animal - he just took an individual medal in the 100M Freestyle.

Federer got smacked today too.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

How about the Women's Individual All-Around Gymnastics last night/this morning? Simply amazing!!!
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Ya the gymnastics was pretty cool last night. What's up with NBC and the beach volleyball? I mean they must have the camera shoved right up those girls' crotches with all the gratuitous footage they've been showing.
    End of line.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWidow View Post
    Ya the gymnastics was pretty cool last night. What's up with NBC and the beach volleyball? I mean they must have the camera shoved right up those girls' crotches with all the gratuitous footage they've been showing.
    commie
    - Tom Robbins

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWidow View Post
    And the complaint is........

two things I got really excited about was Phelps taking 8 golds and breaking 7 world records(that kid is an animal), and the mens U.S. water polo team beating Croatia 7-5. now they are tied for first with the chance of taking this round if they beat Germany.

and of course the U.S. womens soccer team. But they're always up top.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    And the complaint is........
    No complaints here. On a related note, I was looking at Google Trends the morning after the women's gymnastics all-around and both "nastia lukin camel toe" and "shawn johnson camel toe" were in the top 10. People are awesome.
    End of line.

I don't know if it was just me, but I got burnt out after a while on Phelps. I wanted him to win 8 golds and breaking all those records was icing on the cake, but after a while I got bored with it.
    Believe Dat!

I love the Olympics. All i've managed to see though has been swiming, gymnastics, Women's Beach Volleyball (awesome!) and now they are getting into track/Field. I feel like I'm missing alot of events due to only having one channel to watch.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Women's soccer gold medal match today. Hell yeah.
    - Tom Robbins

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Yes sir. I have this set to record on my DVR. It's going to be an exciting one. plus did anyone watch Walsh/May destroy Tian/Wang last night?? That was a fun match to watch.

Women's Beach Volleyball match for gold last night! US vs China, the first set was close. USA won.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Holy shit what a game - US, 1-0 in overtime.
    - Tom Robbins

Holy shit what a game - US, 1-0 in overtime.
    Damn you, damn you straight to hell.

yeowch. dude sorry - you were gonna like not peek at the score before you watched your recording? but damn it's still way worth watching! It was by far US' best game this tournament and the best game I saw in this Olympics. Marta was amazing sick. Actually I thought Brazil dominated for larger part of the game, but not all the time by any means and never by much.
    - Tom Robbins

haha. Yeah man, I'm still going to watch it. I was kidding, I have the espn website up anyway. I didn't watch any footage but I saw the final score when clicking around. Can't wait to watch it tonight. Both teams are great; I'm sure it's as exciting as you say.

Thread Information