Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Olympics

Wow what a bunch of idiots at yahoo. They have it that US limped behind Brazil for most of the game and were only lucky that they won, saying they were outplayed and overwhelmed. Fuck that - not true. Then, of the fifteen pics they put up with the article, how many feature Natasha Kai? 15. Now, she is interesting to look at, but she didn't even go in until I think the second OT. Fucking idiots. Zero cred.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Hadn't been able to watch much this week, but did stay up to watch Lolo Jones fall down. I give it to her I thought she was very graceful in defeat, course I could be biased by her looks and that she is a TIGER.

Geaux Tigers!!
    Believe Dat!

i'm watching the men's beach vball right now....dalhaussesr and rogers got off to an awful start, but are starting to turn it on now. I think they'll beat brazil.

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Wow what a bunch of idiots at yahoo. They have it that US limped behind Brazil for most of the game and were only lucky that they won, saying they were outplayed and overwhelmed. Fuck that - not true. Then, of the fifteen pics they put up with the article, how many feature Natasha Kai? 15. Now, she is interesting to look at, but she didn't even go in until I think the second OT. Fucking idiots. Zero cred.
    Every time I read crap like that, I think about medieval personal combat. There isn't any "outplayed" or "overwhelmed". It's who is standing at the end. There is a perfect example of it from the Viking on Viking combat in "The 13th Warrior", where the small guy is getting his ass kicked right up until the moment he kills his opponent. Linky
    Bruce

Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice.
    Hanlon's Razor

I finally watched the game this morning. Good match, fun to watch. And what a shot by Carli Lloyd. I don't know how those three defenders let her take that shot.

Although, Brazil did control the pace most of the game, I don't feel that the US was "overwhelmed" or "outplayed." In this game controlling the ball doesn't mean shit if you can't put it in the net. And, luckily for the US, Hope Solo(GK) was on point. She had an incredible game.
    Last edited by logan37; 08-22-2008 at 03:10 PM.

Best part of waking up early this morning was watching South Korea shock Cuba in baseball to win GOLD.
    Believe Dat!

Thread Information