Thread: Du Yu Hulu?

Blog Entries

Default Du Yu Hulu?

Hulu.com, has replaced Tudou, which replaced YouTube, which replaced Google Video, which replaced Z downloads, which replaced my television 8 years ago. For me, at least.

I don't work for them or anything, but with sporadic short advertisements, the option of hi-def (480p), seamless fullscreen, and a wide selection of both television and movies, I am hooked.

You should check it out.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

I would but they block my IP as I'm not in the USA

DrDeuss Guest

Oh yeah, I'm loving hulu! I watched all three seasons of Arrested Development during my lunch breaks over the past few months!

Yeah, I Hulu. I have been using Hulu for over a year now and find if very useful. It's nice being able to subscribe to specific shows and having the new episodes appear in my queue without having to search for individual episodes. It's also convenient being able to access the shows from the same site vs multiple sites (say going to NBC to see "The Office" and FOX for "Fringe" & "Dollhouse").

Blog Entries

I am really enjoying Hulu. I am seriously considering canceling my cable subscription in favor of it. Especially because I feel cable has gotten incredibly expensive.

Does anyone use a Sling Box or Roku to stream video to your TV? I've been curious about the quality of streaming video to my TV.
    Smoke em' if you got em'

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Irish79 View Post
    Yeah, I Hulu. I have been using Hulu for over a year now and find if very useful. It's nice being able to subscribe to specific shows and having the new episodes appear in my queue without having to search for individual episodes. It's also convenient being able to access the shows from the same site vs multiple sites (say going to NBC to see "The Office" and FOX for "Fringe" & "Dollhouse").
    Yeah, but unfortunately, that isn't always the case. I still have to go to mylifetime.com to catch up on Project Runway......other station sites show exclusive previews, "making of" clips, and the like. I'm a junkie for all that kind of stuff if I'm into the show.

But yeah, it's fair to say that Hulu has pretty much replaced my television. Now if they would only stream college football in real time, I'd be set.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheRichLife View Post

oh that was funny!

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    snip..... I still have to go to mylifetime.com to catch up on Project Runway......snip
    O.K., I wish I didn't know that you did that.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    O.K., I wish I didn't know that you did that.
    I know. A little diet coke went down the wrong way when I read it.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Blog Entries

I think Alec Baldwin is probably one of the biggest a$$holes to walk the face of the earth and when I see him doing ads for Hulu, I immediately don't want to have anything to do with it. I don't even know what it is. Scumbag Baldwin is another reason I've never watched an episode of "30 Rock" and never will.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

12. Default

News Corp. is now wanting to find a way to make hulu a profitable venture by 2010, which could be a disaster depending on how they implement it, but it seems they want to leave it the way it is and just add a subscription model... http://gizmodo.com/5388745/how-a-paid-hulu-would-work So that would be a good thing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by droz View Post
    News Corp. is now wanting to find a way to make hulu a profitable venture by 2010, which could be a disaster depending on how they implement it, but it seems they want to leave it the way it is and just add a subscription model... http://gizmodo.com/5388745/how-a-paid-hulu-would-work So that would be a good thing.
    Interesting read (albeit short).

With no plan in place yet, I would guess this change would be geared for this time next year, rather than sooner. Anyways, a change could be made simply by allowing content to be broadcast the day it's released on television. Currently, many shows have an 8-day lapse from their original air date. Simply close that gap. Some people have to see the latest episode of a television show the day it comes out on network television. Make them pay for it.

Another way to make money is by upping the ads - make them longer or show several at a time. But they are going to have to be careful here: many ads are incorrectly targeted. For example, if I'm watching an episode of House, I don't want to see the episode plagued by feminine product advertisements; I don't care who their primary demographic is. It would be cool if they could come up with some kind of way to target ads based on who you were logged in as. I have yet to see any of the social networks take this approach in advertising. Why not let me create an account where I specify the type of advertising I want to see - that way, it won't matter what I'm watching, I'll always get ads that pertain to my interests. The fact is, the commercials on there (15-30 seconds) isn't enough time for me to get up and go to the bathroom or get another beer out of the fridge, I WILL watch those ads.

I think it will work. But like the first commenter pointed out, the more obtuse they make the process, it will simply drive people back to illicit content online. The ball is in their court.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

International
    For now, Hulu is a U.S. service only. That said, our intention is to make Hulu's growing content lineup available worldwide. This requires clearing the rights for each show or film in each specific geography and will take time. We're encouraged by how many content providers have already been working along these lines so that their programs can be available over the Internet to a much larger, global audience. The Hulu team is committed to making great programming available across the globe.
    Bahhhhhhhh, humbug.

It's a conspiracy I tell ya!!!!!
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie View Post
    Bahhhhhhhh, humbug.

It's a conspiracy I tell ya!!!!!
    Jim,

Sorry to hear about that. I did a little searching, and even proxies attempting to trick Hulu that the accessing computer resides in the US don't work.

Try this.

Good luck.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

16. Default

I used to love Hulu, but it doesn't work on PS3 anymore, so now I never use Hulu. I am not going to sit and watch TV shows on my computer. I can watch em on my TV through the PS3, but using different sites.

Thread Information