Thread: Today I Will Smoke My Very First Cigar!

Default Today I Will Smoke My Very First Cigar!

That's right, today is the day. I will vist my local tobacco shop a little later today. I would like to try the Padron 2000 Maduro, but I will give it to the experts to guide me alone.

Currently Reading: Gilead by Marilynne Robinson

My Book List

Blog Entries

mmmmmmmm..... Padron!

Have yourself a nice meal, get you one of them Padrons, and prepare to enjoy the next hour plus!
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Good choice. See what a good cigar community can do for you? My first cigar was either a White Owl or a King Edward or possibly a Murial Magnum. It's been too long ago to remember.

Blog Entries

definitely not a bad way to start out. Personally, I picked a Romeo y julieta as my first. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Eville View Post
    definitely not a bad way to start out. Personally, I picked a Romeo y julieta as my first. Enjoy!
    My first cigar was a Romeo y Julieta! It was slightly sweet and mostly it had a wood type of taste- I can't explain it. Overall I would have a sweeter cigar next time.

Any recommendations?
    Currently Reading: Gilead by Marilynne Robinson

My Book List

Quote Originally Posted by aquablue View Post
    That's right, today is the day. I will vist my local tobacco shop a little later today. I would like to try the Padron 2000 Maduro, but I will give it to the experts to guide me alone.

Quote Originally Posted by aquablue View Post
    My first cigar was a Romeo y Julieta! It was slightly sweet and mostly it had a wood type of taste- I can't explain it. Overall I would have a sweeter cigar next time.

Any recommendations?
    wait what...?

lol that's funny - reminds me of that movie 50 1st Dates.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

RYJ......not a bad start. Try the Padron in the maduro next time. Might be a bit on the stronger side but it has the "sweet" taste that you're looking for. Also, you might wanna try out Gurkha.........especially the Class Regent. Good luck and welcome.

I'm f'cking lost, but congrats anyway. For a sweet tasting cigar, try the Java by Drew Estate. Not my thing but my wife likes them.

Thread Information