Litto Gomez Diez Cubano
    Dona Flor Selecao
    God of Fire by Don Carlos 2006 Robusto

Page 6
    Padilla Hybrid Robusto
    Olor Fuerte Belicoso
    Nub Habano 358

Montecristo Media Noche Edmundo(5x55)

Not that I know anything about construction other then what I've read, this stick seemed to be constructed well. No soft or hard spots; even throughout.

The very dark maduro wrapper was slightly oily and smelled pretty spicy(probably the best smell of a cigar I've had yet). I cut the cap straight with my Palio. The draw was nice unlit. I toasted the foot a little and fired it up. The draw was extremely smooth, the smoothest I've had to date. The smoke tasted surprisingly clean and refreshing(not at all what I was expecting from the initial smell). The draw was very cool. The smoke appeared to be heavy when I "exhaled", forming a dense, white cloud for about 10-12 seconds before the slight breeze broke it apart(yes, I smoke out side. My wife has allergies). The cigar burned slow and even, and the ash was a bright white-light gray. The first ash lasted about two inches before it fell. The first 2/3 of the stick was like this; clean and refreshing tobacco taste. After that, the taste became a little spicy and earthy, but the draw stayed cool. My taste buds began to tingle now. At the very end the spice picked up a bit more, but still stayed cool. After an hour and ten minutes, I was at the nub. I did not want this cigar to end, but my fingers began to burn. And, since I don't want to smoke those, I put her down.

I highly suggest this smoke to anyone who hasn't tried one before. If you have, get another. Since I'm not really able to rate a cigar properly yet I'm not even going to try. I am definitely going to pick up more of these cigars.

I know what one of you out there thinks about this cigar. Who else has had one of these? Let me know what your thoughts are on them. Also, any feedback on my review is appreciated.
    Last edited by logan37; 02-06-2009 at 11:51 PM. Reason: index added

Blog Entries

Nice Job on your first review

I'm a fan of most Montecristos, Especially the White label and Afrique, they are usually very well made and flavorful, but this one has eluded me somehow..
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Thumbs up

Great smoke. Had one in a sampler from CI and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Blog Entries

Nice review!! I like these two, but I think I like the Afrique the most of the Monte's.

Thanks guys. This was the 2nd Monte that I've had. And I'm really diggin' them. I have a few more various Montes in my humi, but no afrique. I'll have to pick one of them up.

Nice work on the review. I have had a couple of these and I really liked them.
    Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities... because it is the quality which guarantees all others.
    -Winston Churchill

Thread Information