Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: logan37's reviews

Blog Entries

Thanks for the review! I was in a box split for these when they first came out. (Yup, fell for the hype.) We went for the "unique to wrapper" sizes (IIRC), 354 Connecticut, 466T Cameron, and 466 Habano.

The Habano was the only smoke that I enjoyed. Of the four that I had, two were nothing special, one was pretty good, and one was very good - like slcraiders says, reminiscent of the V.

As for the Cammie, I might as well have been smoking an Oliva Serie G Belicoso (which makes sense in hindsight). I wouldn't bother if I were you.

One thing with the Nubs that I smoked is that they were all consistent all the way through - so in that sense, the theory works - there don't appear to be "thirds" to Nubs.

Good review!
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

I'd rather have a Series V over a Nub Habano any day. The V is a much nicer smoke to my tastes.

Default It's time I started this back up. Can't let the Whale have all the fun.

Liga Privada #9 Dirty Rat (5x44)
    Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf - Maduro
    Binder: Brazil
    Filler: Dominican Republic, Honduras

Music: Band of Horses
    Drink: Magic Hat #9
    Other: Friday night E-HERF with badwhale, Alcibiates and Cinda.

Construction:
    Generously packed for a corona, but not heavy. The Conecticut Broadleaf wrapper was a very dark brown and rough. It had some veins, but they did not cause any issues. The ash burned a dark gray and stayed put for almost an inch. I had to touch up the wrapper a little in the beginning(maybe I didn't rotate it enough).

First 3rd:
    Immediate taste of roasted chestnuts with a smooth leathery finish. The first puff had some decent spice to it. But that died off right away. About half way into the first 3rd a mild spice came back. Nutty taste faded, just tobacco and leather now.

Second 3rd:
    Spice stayed mild. Very smooth smoke. The smoke feels heavy and creamy on the tongue. The taste has turned earthy with a slightly bitter but nice dark coffee finish.

Last 3rd:
    Spice mellowed a little bit and the taste turned chocolaty, not sweet, more like bakers chocolate. The coffee flavor became more robust and a grassy finish came out. Half way through this 3rd the spiced picked up more and the taste of leather took over all but the coffee flavor. Yet again the flavors changed in the last 3rd; The spice picked up more and the coffee taste came back but now tasted more like sucking on an espresso bean, the finish was woody and leathery,

Overall, the cigar was smooth the entire length and very well balanced. One of the reasons I like corona and other small ringed cigars is their more apparent complexity in flavors(for the most part, for me anyway). This cigar just adds to this thought. For 12 bucks, I feel this cigar is slightly over-priced. More of an $8-9 range would fit. But a great cigar none-the-less.

Blog Entries

Great review Logan! I tried this cigar at a festival while having a few drinks so my memory of the smoke is a little foggy. With that being said, I do remember similar flavor notes that you experienced and I found it somewhat strong. I agree on the price but being a Liga whore I'm probably going to pick up a 5'er.

Thanks for the review!
    Smoke em' if you got em'

Thread Information