Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mac 1968

Blog Entries

Default Mac 1968

Anybody tried these yet? I had one a few days ago......definitely a different Mac. Started off pretty good, but got boring about 1/2 way through. The reviews I've read seem to fall along the same lines for the most part.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Anybody tried these yet? I had one a few days ago......definitely a different Mac. Started off pretty good, but got boring about 1/2 way through. The reviews I've read seem to fall along the same lines for the most part.

Thoughts?
    Well at 3 for $7.95 they are worth a try. They look good, dark, oily sheen. I don't know, myself I haven't had a desire for a Mac for some time now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDubya View Post
    Well at 3 for $7.95 they are worth a try. They look good, dark, oily sheen. I don't know, myself I haven't had a desire for a Mac for some time now.
    Exactly why I picked them up.....I haven't smoked a regular Mac, or wanted to in quite sometime either. They are certainly NOT your standard Mac........still not something I'd pay b/m prices for though. I've only smoked one so far and I'll let the others sit for awhile before I try again.

Why oh why would you subject yourself to such torture!!!

Friends don't let friends smoke Macanoodles!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post

Weak moment.

I'll try one if I ever see one.

Sorry George, but this one is a medium to full smoke. I liked it (enough) to put it on the buy list. Like Drew, they have reinvented the line in this one.
    Last edited by NullSmurf; 08-25-2008 at 05:37 PM.
    Bruce

Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice.
    Hanlon's Razor

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by NullSmurf View Post
    Sorry George, but this one is a medium to full smoke. I liked it to put it on the buy list. Like Drew, they have reinvented the line in this one.
    They may have "reinvented" the Macanoodle with this one - but I still concur with Jamie's assessment of the cigar. I have never met a Macanoodle that has ever done anything for me. Even the best usually start off "pretty good", and then turn boring.

Again, I say - Friends don't let friends smoke Macanoodles!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NullSmurf View Post
    Sorry George, but this one is a medium to full smoke. I liked it (enough) to put it on the buy list. Like Drew, they have reinvented the line in this one.
    I agree on the med-full part Bruce, certainly better on that end than the reg mac's. Like I said though, it turned boring about mid-way and to me won't justify the $8 - $9 price they'll carry.

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan
    I'll try one if I ever see one.
    Shoot me your addy Tyler and I'll shoot one to you to try.

Shoot me your addy Tyler and I'll shoot one to you to try.
    Don't EVEN think about it - I WILL NOT Allow it!!!

IMO - still a grocery store cigar. At a similar price point anyone could choose LFD Ligero Cab, Oliva V, 601 Mad, or DPG cigars. Why??????? Macanudo???????

Blog Entries

Don't EVEN think about it - I WILL NOT Allow it!!!
    Well, dammit......I've got two left George. I'll send the other your way so you won't feel left out.

Well, dammit......I've got two left George. I'll send the other your way so you won't feel left out.
    YOU BASTID!!! You would too - wouldn't you...

Macanoodles are golf course cigars - nothing more / nothing less. The only reason I would ever think about giving somebody one would be because it's likely you'll satisfy about 90% of the persons that may choose to smoke it (primarily because they're so doggone mild - and someone not used to smoking cigars would likely think they're fantastic). Other than construction - I cannot think of any other "plus"...

Dollar for dollar - there are so many other better choices. The list is incredibly long!

Sorry - but it had to be said...

Blog Entries

YOU BASTID!!! You would too - wouldn't you...
    Why YES, YES I WOULD!! And since it would be a gift you would be obligated to smoke it and not give it away.

Seriously though, I agree with your general assessment of Mac's, including this one. That being said, if the price point was down in the 4-5 $ range.......I might keep a couple around for those "once-in-a-while smokers" and tooling around the yard smokes.

Why YES, YES I WOULD!! And since it would be a gift you would be obligated to smoke it and not give it away.

HA HA HA

Classic, and dead on accurate.

Thanks for the offer, but I say send it to George.

You guys are killing me... Buncha freakin' clowns...

Blog Entries

The guys at my local B&M were going on and on about how different these were than the regular Macs, how they are fuller, and just a totally different cigar. Funny, they were saying the same thing about the Mac Golds about 2 months ago. Today, those Mac Golds are crap, but these 1968's are great, etc., etc., etc. They also have a $10 price point for a robusto there.

But I held on, strong, and true, and resisted any temptation.

I don't know, guys, I think I'm going to look for another B&M..........maybe I'll open my own.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Chris sent me one to try. I agree that it is much more robust than other Mac's but I would have to leave it at that. I was dissapointed in that it wasn't full-bodied or full-flavored. It just doesn't come together and gets harsher toward the end. There are many, many cigars out there that can top this one. If it didn't have the Mac band it would be just another plain ole low end cigar.
    Thanks for sending it Chris, I wanted to try one regardless of what George said. If I agree that you were right, can I call them Macanoodles too?

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDubya View Post
    Chris sent me one to try. I agree that it is much more robust than other Mac's but I would have to leave it at that. I was dissapointed in that it wasn't full-bodied or full-flavored. It just doesn't come together and gets harsher toward the end. There are many, many cigars out there that can top this one. If it didn't have the Mac band it would be just another plain ole low end cigar.
    Thanks for sending it Chris, I wanted to try one regardless of what George said. If I agree that you were right, can I call them Macanoodles too?
    There's gotta be some kind of award out there for smoking a Macanoodle..

So DeeDubya - how do you think the Macanoodle compares to a Davidoff Anniversario?
    Last edited by ggiese; 08-30-2008 at 04:54 PM.

There's gotta be some kind of award out there for smoking a Macanoodle..

So DeeDubya - how do you think the Macanoodle compares to a Davidoff Anniversario?
    Cough, cough, hark, hack, patuey. There, cough, does that answer your question?

Kinda like comparing a Lone Star to a Sam Adams Boston.

Kinda like comparing a flank steak to a choice Ribeye.

Kinda like comparing Michael Jackson to, well I wouldn't do that to anyone.

Yankee Doodle went to town, ridin on his poodle.
    Stuck a stogie in his hat and called it Macanoodle.

Thread Information