Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: where to buy?

Default where to buy?

hey everyone greetings from Utah (yeah there are cigar smokers here too haha) Ive been enjoying these forums for a while but this is my first post :) im a fairly new cigar smoker and haven't really seen a thread about favorite places to buy cigars. i figure that online is probably our best bet right? the only place i've bought online is JRcigar. UPS ended up delivering the package to the wrong address but i can forgive them for that haha. i ended up ordering a JR ultimates sampler (https://www.jrcigars.com/index.cfm?p...itemcode=ULLMS) they came with these habanitos (https://www.jrcigars.com/index.cfm?p...&itemcode=ULH3) i kinda figured these cigars would be cheap seeing as they're a house brand, but i was surprised at how much i actually liked them. the habanitos weren't really my cup of tea, they seem hard to smoke to me but that might be because they are built so small and compact. oh well i have like 25 of them in my humidor haha. anyways thanks for the great forum and friendly members :) i am looking forward to being a part of the online family. -thanks

ps if there is a "where to buy" thread i'd appreciate a point in the right direction

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forums from central Oregon.

Are there no B&M's (brick and mortars = local cigar shops) in SLC? Surely there must be. I know there are a couple of Utahians represented here on this board, they may be able to help you.

The owner of this site, hex1848, also has an online shop: http://www.caminoviejo.com/. Check that out.

Finally, I'm a newbie myself. I took part in the Newbie Sampler Thread, found in the Exchange portion of the forums. There you will find an experienced cigar smoker, who can outfit you with cigars according to your personal preference. Read up a bit more on it, but that was a great opportunity for me - I'm sure others will vouch for it as well.

Welcome again.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    Welcome to the forums from central Oregon.

Are there no B&M's (brick and mortars = local cigar shops) in SLC? Surely there must be. I know there are a couple of Utahians represented here on this board, they may be able to help you.

Have you ever been to SLC??? First off - not much in the way of B&M's (two that I can think of off the top of my head) - and both were crazy expensive.

No wonder he's looking for a place to purchase online...

Blog Entries

Welcome from South Carolina!

Try these:

Famoussomke.com

cigarsinternational.com

cigarplace.biz

holts.com

these are just a few of the vendors out there, but I've purchased from them all.

Dennis~
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

hey welcome from utah !!!! i buy most of my stuff online, but there is a nice b&m in slc one that i buy every once and a while just singles tnt is a great spot online the smoke get here in 2 or three day vs a week

dustin

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”

Welcome from NY. If you have no idea what kind of cigars you like definitely try out the newbie sampler thread 3. That's the best way in my opinion to get a bunch of cigars for a good price with a great variety. And, since they are from a senior members private stash, you won't end up buying crappy sticks.

Or you can look at some of the sampler packs on any of the sites that bigwhiteash posted. you can get samplers based on brands, flavor strength, wrappers, or countries of origin.

in the meantime, a quick google search will point you to a local B&M. Even if they are expensive, it might not be a bad idea to pick up a few singles just to try something.

Good luck and have fun with it.

Welcome from Salt Lake (West Jordan) as well. There were 4 main B&M's in town. Havana Bros. just closed apparently. I tried to stop in there last week when I went to the Dentist and poof, another shop was in it's place. Jeannie's downtown is a good small shop with nice folks. Hungry Trout Cigars in Sandy is alright, but lacks a good variety. Hands down, the best B&M in Utah is the Tinder Box in Murray with their 1400 sq. foot walk-in humidor. Excellent selection and service. The owners (Fred and Joan) are great people. Like George points out though, buying locally in Utah is expensive - plan on at least MSRP plus a 35% tobacco tax. I would have to say 2/3 of my purchases are made online because of the higher local cost.

Anyhoo, welcome! You will like it here!!!
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Blog Entries

welcome from southern Indiana. So far i have ordered offline from Showmeyourash.com, cigarking.com, and mdcigars.com. all of which i have found to be pretty decent.

Blog Entries

Welcome from Kansas.

Some places that I buy online are Cigarbid, TNT Cigars, and Cigars Intl.

By the way, welcome from CA.

hey thanks for the feedback everyone, i really appreciate it. i'll check out those sites for sure :)
    i friggin LOVE coloring!!!

hey, welcome to the boards from New Jersey. I'd highly suggest checkin out the newbie sampler thread...

I've seen that pic btw, on facebook...

Welcome from SW Pa. The others have listed some of the best places to buy from and you should have no difficulties finding something you like on their sites.
    Yay! Cigars!

Quote Originally Posted by debo08080 View Post
    hey, welcome to the boards from New Jersey. I'd highly suggest checkin out the newbie sampler thread...

I've seen that pic btw, on facebook...
    yeah its a pretty popular pic, i thought it was funny
    i friggin LOVE coloring!!!

15. Default Jeanie's Smoke shop!

Actually, Jeanie's Smoke shop in down town SLC not only has a great selection, but I find something that others on most forums don't have... they will sell you a box of anything, unlike many of those in other larger markets. I have a bunch or friends that have me pick up full boxes of many of those Ashton's and Opus that others can only buy a limited amount per day per customer, and I ship them out on a monthly basis. Not to mention, I get them for a lot less per stick than anywhere on line!

So... if in fact you're local here in UT, and may be interested in some really hard to find, and guaranteed Authentic, e-mail me for a possible meeting. I'm looking to unload all my inventory, and my Humidors!

16. Default How many trips?

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Have you ever been to SLC??? First off - not much in the way of B&M's (two that I can think of off the top of my head) - and both were crazy expensive.

No wonder he's looking for a place to purchase online...
    Based on your ignorant comment, you've obviously made maybe one trip through SLC, probably never got off the freeway... On the other hand, Ive been to your town, and actually found it to be one of the least smoker friendly places on earth...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thestogieguy View Post
    Based on your ignorant comment, you've obviously made maybe one trip through SLC, probably never got off the freeway... On the other hand, Ive been to your town, and actually found it to be one of the least smoker friendly places on earth...

Why don't you take your fucking attitude on the road.. Don't come into our house and shit on the rug with your lousy observations. Calling VERY well respected Senior members "ignorant"? Enjoy your new "Chew-Toy" status
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteash View Post
    Why don't you take your fucking attitude on the road.. Don't come into our house and shit on the rug with your lousy observations. Calling VERY well respected Senior members "ignorant"? Enjoy your new "Chew-Toy" status
    Now that's real smart to pick on George. Anybody dude, anybody but George. Oh, shit.
    Last edited by DeeDubya; 09-09-2008 at 01:50 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thestogieguy View Post
    Oh boy, I wish I had more time to watch this.

Blog Entries

there are tactful ways to disagree with someone, then there are ways which throw all tact and courtesy out the window. I suggest you learn to use the prior instead of the latter.

Thread Information