Thread: HdM Excalibur Legend

Blog Entries

Default HdM Excalibur Legend

Another new release. I picked up a sampler box of 3 at the b/m. I've smoked only one of those, and it will be quite awhile before I try another one. I was very unimpressed with this smoke. Bitter, bitter, and more bitter. The construction was nice, burn was even, but the flavor was not enjoyable from the start. I dropped it at half-way and ran to grab a Padron 2000 to rinse my mouth out.

Maybe I didn't let them rest long enough........I guarantee that won't be the case for the next one I try.

Anybody else try this one yet? Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Another new release. I picked up a sampler box of 3 at the b/m. I've smoked only one of those, and it will be quite awhile before I try another one. I was very unimpressed with this smoke. Bitter, bitter, and more bitter. The construction was nice, burn was even, but the flavor was not enjoyable from the start. I dropped it at half-way and ran to grab a Padron 2000 to rinse my mouth out.

Maybe I didn't let them rest long enough........I guarantee that won't be the case for the next one I try.

Anybody else try this one yet? Thoughts?
    OK, my curiosity got me. Of course I had to try the one you sent as soon as I got home yesterday. It had been in the humi a few days. Up front I couldn't find anything wrong with this cigar. Actually, after a few minutes into it I was considering taking some notes and doing a worthy review. Really, for me the first half was not at all bad. Just full-bodied and a little peppery. Then the flavors started to morph into harshness and bitterness. By the last 2 inches it was getting nasty.
    But hey, if we didn't have some bad cigars, how would we know which one's were good?

Blog Entries

Well, hell, I honestly forgot I stuck one in your package. I'm glad that it was at least a little better for you than it was for me. Seems like mine started off like yours ended. Maybe some down time will do them some good.

Blog Entries

Seems like mine started off like yours ended.

Did you light the wrong end, Bro??

So far, the only NC HdMs I care for are the Sterling and Dark Knights.
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteash View Post
    Did you light the wrong end, Bro??

So far, the only NC HdMs I care for are the Sterling and Dark Knights.
    ......have you tried the dark sumatra yet Dennis?

Blog Entries

......have you tried the dark sumatra yet Dennis?
    I'm almost afraid to say... no
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteash View Post
    I'm almost afraid to say... no
    LOL......no need for that.

I have an HdM Excalibur 1066 in my humi (King Arthur size [6.5x45]). Is this a similar cigar? I have not tried it yet.
    Last edited by King Catfish; 08-28-2008 at 11:35 AM.
    Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities... because it is the quality which guarantees all others.
    -Winston Churchill

Blog Entries

The 1066 is cameroon wrapped. The blend is Nic / Hond / Dom......they are another example of a good flavorful yet mild cigar, imho. King Arthur is my preferred size also. These are nothing like the dark sumatra or the legend.

Smoke it, and of course, give us a review.

10. Default

i recently enjoyed the normal excaliber, and then tried the dark sumatra as well. i loved the standard excaliber alot. very even burn. the dark sumatra was a bit fuller bodied than i think i like, and a plug 2/3 of the way in really ruined the experience for me.

Thread Information