Thread: Boating

Default Boating

Anyone have a boat or jet ski or anything around here? I'm thinking of getting one.
    End of line.

Blog Entries

I have a 18' star-craft fish/ski combo that we bought in '95. It serves the purpose, but if I had it to do over again I would go with a 20 or 22 foot deck boat.......more room at the beam, and with the full hull you can still put a big motor on it an plane out.

I have a small truck, so I'm probably looking at either a jet ski or one of those small Seadoo boats. I don't fish at all so that is not an issue for me.
    End of line.

Blog Entries

I fish some, but mainly use my boat to get to dive sites.....thus larger size is better for me.

Jet skis are fun!!!!

Blog Entries

they say money doesn't buy happiness. Have you ever seen a sad person on a jet ski?

boats and jet skis are money holes, the former much more than the latter. If anything can go wrong, it will. That being said, I loved growing up a water baby who learned to waterski behind a row boat with a 15 hp motor attached. If you're not looking to waterski or fish or entertain get a jetski (seadoo is the best). If you want to do those things though, a 17-20' searay multi-purpose type boat is what you'll want (at least 150 hp)
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

My dad always had a Bayliner, so I'm aware of all the maintenance crap that goes along with it. Jet skis are fun as hell but I've found that they really wear my ass out the next couple of days. All I have is a regular cab Ranger with a V6. According to Ford I'm good for 2,500 pounds. So I figure I'm limited to a jet ski, or possibly this Speedster boat that Seadoo makes that supposedly has 215 hp, and weighs 2,100 pounds.
    End of line.

Blog Entries

you can ski/tube/wakeboard/kneeboard behind a jetski works just as well as behind a boat.

I would if there were something bigger than a mud puddle around here. There is no shortage of moroons here with deep water sailboats.
    Bruce

Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice.
    Hanlon's Razor

I used to have a Seadoo XP. I had some work done on it and it would haul ass. Lots of fun especially behind a barge. They will wear your ass out just like a dirtbike will but you get used to it after a couple of trips. It's better if you have a buddy with a boat otherwise you get bored on the lake pretty fast, at least I did. My XP was kinda small for pulling tubes and skiers but the larger ones have no problem getting a skier on plane. I got to ride in one of the Seadoo speedster boats once, not real impressed for how much you spend on them.

Blog Entries

A friend of mine's dad recently picked up a pair of kawasakis. I want to say they were 1000cc, but im not sure. Those things were a blast though, and had no problem getting up to 60+ 63 is where mine topped out, and it was supposedly the slower one.

Thread Information