Thread: New Metallica

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New Metallica

I obtained a pre-release copy of the new Metallica CD last night (Don't tell Lars). Let me say that this album completely exceeded my expectations. I fell out of love with this band (like many others) when they released the "Black Album". I understand that they could not go on playing the same stuff and had to grow/diversify but it was just not for me. This album beats the shit out of St. Anger and really marks a return to the grittier Metal up your Ass style. Rick Rubin told them what to do and what not to do and the boys must have listened. There are a couple of short lived sappy moments on the album and I would not put it up there with the first 4 releases (original Garage Days... included) but it is great overall. The most comparitive release I would use is Justice for All. It has that feel to me. Anyhoo, def. worth a listen.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Blog Entries

Good to know the radio song isn't the best of the bunch. I'm not happy with that particular track. At least lars has slightly improved his drum tones, I couldn't stand them on St Anger, soundid like he was playing drums on old playground balls

Interestingly enough, I bought the St. Anger cd with the DVD of rehearsals, and the DVD really rocks.

I'm a HUGE fan of old school Metallica, even the black album has its moments, but after that.....SUCK!
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Sweet. Post the mp3s

I absolutely can't stand Metallica. At practice I'll turn my snares off so it sounds like I'm hitting an empty keg and play one of Lars' drum beats that any beginner could play.

Lars sucks.

Metallica sucks.

I'm a music snob. "YEAH!!!"

Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

I'm with Chris - the best thing I like about metallica is switching channels when it comes on the radio.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

you need to hook a brother up james. i hated the new stuff just not the same band i was used to, but i always give a second chance atleast with music

dustin

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”

Thread Information