Thread: CigarBid Reviews

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Used them many times and have never been dissappointed......yet. Savy bidders can find some great deals on there too. Just know the value of the cigars in question because some auctions can actually go beyond prices available elsewhere.

I've bought practically all my cigars off cigarbid if not JR. I got a box from Thompson before and had to wait 6 weeks before it got to me and I never shopped there again. Cigarbid uses FedEx and UPS primarily, if the shipment is small enough (two 5-packs) they will use USPS. USPS takes 2 days to get from the east coast to Southern California, as for UPS and FedEx, they take 5 days. I have been lucky enough to see it be shipped via UPS or FedEx on Monday and arrive on Friday but that is sort of rare. I too have wondered about counterfeits but for the most part, all the cigars I have received have been pretty dead on with the boxes having their seals untouched.

If you can link some threads regarding counterfeits off of cigarbid I would greatly appreciate it

I buy a good amount of cigars from Cbid. Like many members have previously stated, you can find some great deals. But be sure to do some cross-referencing on prices. Sometimes, the bids go higher than what you would pay buying straight up from a site like TNT or Cigars Intl (which is pretty much the same as CBid).

As far as counterfeits, haven't noticed any problems with that. Shipping is decent...but it depends on whether you choose daily shipping vs. weekly. Also, they use USPS for smaller shipments and UPS for larger. USPS is definitely quicker.

Funny thing about this CBid review is that I just received a package today for my bid from last week. They were supposed to send me some RP Liga A X-Outs in Maduro. However, a mistake was made and I received them in the Natural. As I've heard that their customer service was top-notch, I guess we'll see how this pans out. Hope this helps.

Good luck.

P.S. This is the first mess-up on an order.......I've had numerous transactions before with no problems.

4. Default Learning more everyday

I knew there was a reason I came here and joined up. In the last week I have learned about a years worth of information that I probably would never be exposed to in 5 years. I have used C-Bid a couple of times myself but never heard of counterfeits. It is very true that you should know what you are bidding on before getting into the action of bids as the competitive juices start flowing when you get involved. I have seen people actually bid over the MSRP and scratch my head thinking they are not using this service as it is supposed to be used.

I have studied the posts on various themes and this is like going to college all over again with the amount of information that is here. To all new members who come on here be very aware that this place has some very smart people who know their stuff and even if you have been smoking cigars for years like I have understand that you probably don't know half of what these guys do and respect is earned on here so be very aware of that as some have come on here before thinking they know more than the herd and they were treated accordingly.

An update on the order mix-up. Customer service sent the correct order in about a week with a return slip. Just had to drop off the order at a UPS store. Relatively painless. All in all, Cbid's still good in my book.

Thread Information