Thread: CigarBid Reviews

Blog Entries

Default CigarBid Reviews

Hey guys,

I tried to search for some reviews on CigarBid, and while I found some comments, I didn't find any threads dedicated to the site. Can you guys give me any insight or reviews on CigarBid (Is it Safe? Are the Cigars counterfeit? Are the prices competitive?) Are there any other sites who have prices that are similar to CigarBid. Thanks for the help!

Blog Entries

Welcome to CS!

Cigarbid is known as "the Devil Site", It has been known to soak up all your expendable income. I mean that in a kinda good way. just be careful, sometimes people will push a bid right up to the buy it now price, never made sense to me You can find some outstanding deals now and then.

I personally have very little experience with them, but others I know have done a LOT of business with them.

Dennis~
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Blog Entries

I've used them three times. Might use them again, but it would depend on the cigar I was after. They have a weird shipping policy. Once I ordered about 20 or so, it took almost a week to get here. Another time I used them for a 5-pack, it took 2 days. Another time I used them for about a dozen cigars, and it took a week. I don't get it.

It is really easy to drop a lot of cash there, but I have heard of counterfeits there within this board. Do a search for posts. Some people love it, some people hate it. If you are going to use it, my suggestion is start small.

Welcome to the boards from Central Oregon

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

I am new also, and have bought plenty from them. So far all has been good, but shipping is a little slow. I would compare prices at places such as jrcigars.com, cigarsinternational.com, and Holts before bidding. I am sure the more experienced BOTL will have other places to check also. I like to know what I can buy it for other places and bid accordingly. You can save a couple of bucks for the most part. The don't call it the "DEVIL SITE" for nothing.

Good luck and good smoking,

Rich
    Last edited by CAJUNBLAZE; 09-09-2008 at 01:20 PM. Reason: spelling

Blog Entries

Thanks for the info guys! Counterfeits are definitely a concern of mine. I noticed after going into a local B&M that prices were pretty expensive at the B&M compared to online. Probably $2 to $3 more a stick, so buying online is definitely sounding like an ideal alternative.

Blog Entries

CigarBid is evil.....plain and simple.

The cigars are not counterfeit, the shipping is most often timely and damage free, returns and exchanges for damage are handled pretty efficiently. As for prices......that's up to you. Best bet is to figure out what you want to pay for a given cigar.........bid one time with that figure as your max bid.....then wait for the e-mail.

Don't look back and up your bid.....and always know what the cheapest price for your target cigar is elsewhere and base your max-bid off of a % below that.

See, evil with a capital E.

Blog Entries

Ashauler has it right. They are a reputable service.

Cigars International = CBid. In my experience, service and returns have been painless.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    I've used them three times. Might use them again, but it would depend on the cigar I was after. They have a weird shipping policy. Once I ordered about 20 or so, it took almost a week to get here. Another time I used them for a 5-pack, it took 2 days. Another time I used them for about a dozen cigars, and it took a week. I don't get it.

It is really easy to drop a lot of cash there, but I have heard of counterfeits there within this board. Do a search for posts. Some people love it, some people hate it. If you are going to use it, my suggestion is start small.

Welcome to the boards from Central Oregon
    It all depends on how you set your shipping preference in your profile. You can set to once a week, anything you win up till closing on thrusdays will be held to be shipped in one package to cut shipping costs.
    Yay! Cigars!

Shopping CBID is like surfing the North shore of Oahu - best you know what you're doing or you're going to lose some skin. With a little education, you can pick up some bargains. CBID is the embodiment of almost everything we despise in a retailer.

1. They will screw you in a heartbeat.
    2. Their reviews are pure and utter fiction
    3. They will deceive you on the quantity.

Don't ever think that you're getting away with a deal. You aren't. I used to buy a lot there, but I'm getting picky in my old age.
    Bruce

Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice.
    Hanlon's Razor

Used them many times and have never been dissappointed......yet. Savy bidders can find some great deals on there too. Just know the value of the cigars in question because some auctions can actually go beyond prices available elsewhere.

I've bought practically all my cigars off cigarbid if not JR. I got a box from Thompson before and had to wait 6 weeks before it got to me and I never shopped there again. Cigarbid uses FedEx and UPS primarily, if the shipment is small enough (two 5-packs) they will use USPS. USPS takes 2 days to get from the east coast to Southern California, as for UPS and FedEx, they take 5 days. I have been lucky enough to see it be shipped via UPS or FedEx on Monday and arrive on Friday but that is sort of rare. I too have wondered about counterfeits but for the most part, all the cigars I have received have been pretty dead on with the boxes having their seals untouched.

If you can link some threads regarding counterfeits off of cigarbid I would greatly appreciate it

I buy a good amount of cigars from Cbid. Like many members have previously stated, you can find some great deals. But be sure to do some cross-referencing on prices. Sometimes, the bids go higher than what you would pay buying straight up from a site like TNT or Cigars Intl (which is pretty much the same as CBid).

As far as counterfeits, haven't noticed any problems with that. Shipping is decent...but it depends on whether you choose daily shipping vs. weekly. Also, they use USPS for smaller shipments and UPS for larger. USPS is definitely quicker.

Funny thing about this CBid review is that I just received a package today for my bid from last week. They were supposed to send me some RP Liga A X-Outs in Maduro. However, a mistake was made and I received them in the Natural. As I've heard that their customer service was top-notch, I guess we'll see how this pans out. Hope this helps.

Good luck.

P.S. This is the first mess-up on an order.......I've had numerous transactions before with no problems.

13. Default Learning more everyday

I knew there was a reason I came here and joined up. In the last week I have learned about a years worth of information that I probably would never be exposed to in 5 years. I have used C-Bid a couple of times myself but never heard of counterfeits. It is very true that you should know what you are bidding on before getting into the action of bids as the competitive juices start flowing when you get involved. I have seen people actually bid over the MSRP and scratch my head thinking they are not using this service as it is supposed to be used.

I have studied the posts on various themes and this is like going to college all over again with the amount of information that is here. To all new members who come on here be very aware that this place has some very smart people who know their stuff and even if you have been smoking cigars for years like I have understand that you probably don't know half of what these guys do and respect is earned on here so be very aware of that as some have come on here before thinking they know more than the herd and they were treated accordingly.

An update on the order mix-up. Customer service sent the correct order in about a week with a return slip. Just had to drop off the order at a UPS store. Relatively painless. All in all, Cbid's still good in my book.

Damn you guys. Just signed up for the site and already have a couple bids going.

That's not necessarily a bad thing. I've ordered from them several times and never been dissapointed -- and I usually pay significantly less than the lowest prices elsewhere. Do your homework (check out the comparison shopper on cigarcyclopedia.com), show some restraint and enjoy.

Plenty of retards that run the price up to points above other online retailers -- don't follow the herd.

Quote Originally Posted by EGQ View Post

Plenty of retards that run the price up to points above other online retailers -- don't follow the herd.
    Spot on!

Plus, if you see it once you WILL see it again so don't get over excited. Set a max amount (remember the price of shipping) set your autobid and walk away.

Thread Information