We all did better than expected for Hurricane Gustav. There are alot of down tress and missing shingles. We also lost power, cable, and drinking water for 6 days. Its now all restored. It is now clean up time. Also a pretty good fish kill in the bayous and surrounding lakes, due to extra debris in the water and the bottom being stirred up.

Two things to note:

1 I smoked my first tat angeles. WOW that little thing has got some punch. Good thing I was sitting down for that one!
2 I did not board my back windows and a branch flew through my spare room. It did a pretty good job on water damage to the room and contents, including one of my humidors. I just thankfull no one was injuried and it was a freebie thompson humidor with only 7 thompson brand turds and 5 everyday smokes. Lesson here is board all the windows next time!!!

Here is to Gustav

As far as Ike, we do have about 45 mph winds and the normal tide of about 2 feet today is now a 6 ft surge. They expect the winds to stay the same, but the surge to increase to about 8 ft. We have lost power twice. I hope this weakens the storm a little for those guys in Gavelston and Houston. Good luck guys and be safe.

Rich