Thread: Hurricane Gustav update and Ike

Default Hurricane Gustav update and Ike

We all did better than expected for Hurricane Gustav. There are alot of down tress and missing shingles. We also lost power, cable, and drinking water for 6 days. Its now all restored. It is now clean up time. Also a pretty good fish kill in the bayous and surrounding lakes, due to extra debris in the water and the bottom being stirred up.

Two things to note:

1 I smoked my first tat angeles. WOW that little thing has got some punch. Good thing I was sitting down for that one!
    2 I did not board my back windows and a branch flew through my spare room. It did a pretty good job on water damage to the room and contents, including one of my humidors. I just thankfull no one was injuried and it was a freebie thompson humidor with only 7 thompson brand turds and 5 everyday smokes. Lesson here is board all the windows next time!!!

Here is to Gustav

As far as Ike, we do have about 45 mph winds and the normal tide of about 2 feet today is now a 6 ft surge. They expect the winds to stay the same, but the surge to increase to about 8 ft. We have lost power twice. I hope this weakens the storm a little for those guys in Gavelston and Houston. Good luck guys and be safe.

Rich

Glad to hear you are safe. After the last few years I sure am glad I don't live in Louisiana anymore.

yeah man, happy to hear you're ok. stay safe.

Glad you made it through with nobody hurt. Hurricane Season is often a exciting by yet bad time of the year.
    Believe Dat!

Glad to hear you're safe

Glad to hear that things are okay out there. By the way, any word on whether or not power's been restored to Baton Rouge and St. Tammany? Got some friends out in those parts. Thanks. Stay safe.

P.S. Those Tatuajes Angeles are great, aren't they?..............I like 'em a lot more than the brown label.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoky Contemplation View Post
    Glad to hear that things are okay out there. By the way, any word on whether or not power's been restored to Baton Rouge and St. Tammany? Got some friends out in those parts. Thanks. Stay safe.

P.S. Those Tatuajes Angeles are great, aren't they?..............I like 'em a lot more than the brown label.
    Yes there alot better to my taste. I think most everyone has power now.
    Things are getting back to normal.

Thanks for all the good wishes!!!

Rich

Thread Information