Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Review These Pass II Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDubya View Post
    Congrats bro. I can't say that I've had an entire wrapper fall off but have had some unwind. I had some Ghurka perfectos that once you removed the band it was really hard to tell the head from the foot. If you light the head it will unwind.
    It started unwinding at the burn and within a couple of minutes it was just flopping around the cigar. Good thing it was a torpedo, kind of hard, even for newbie, to light the wrong end!!

Thanks Rich

You have very good taste Ashauler, she is one of my all time favorite and most attractive actresses, imho!!
    Last edited by CAJUNBLAZE; 10-30-2008 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDubya View Post
    Congrats bro. I can't say that I've had an entire wrapper fall off but have had some unwind. I had some Ghurka perfectos that once you removed the band it was really hard to tell the head from the foot. If you light the head it will unwind.
    Royal Brigade. I wasted one my first time.

Hi CajunBlaze

I'm really sorry abot the Fresco unrolling and the bad taste.

PM me your address and I'll send something to make up for that

sammis

Quote Originally Posted by sammis View Post
    Hi CajunBlaze

I'm really sorry abot the Fresco unrolling and the bad taste.

PM me your address and I'll send something to make up for that

sammis
    Don't worry about it my brother, it's all good! The unwrapping gave me an excuse to quit smoking it.
    No offense to others who like that cigar, but for me it wasn't a tasteful smoke.

But, thanks for the offer.

Thanks Rich

5. Default

OK folks...I've not smoked in over a week due to my crazy assed work schedule and a little sinus issue. So my palet should be ready for the smoking. I smoked Cigar B last night and Cigar A this morning.

Cigar B...This cigar had a medium brown wrapper with light viens. It was a little longer than a corona. The cigar appeared to be pretty well made with the cap being kind of sloppy. It had a light floral smell that carried over to the prelight draw. I used a punch to open up this cigar. I drank my standard Pepsi Cola with this cigar.

Well to be honest this cigar sucked. It burned hot. The taste was extremely tannic. It did mellow a bit durnig the second half. The ash was dark black and dense just like the arouma. I would not buy this cigar.

Cigar A...This cigar has a wrapper a little darker than Cigar B. It was slightly mottled with small specks. It was approximately a Toro sized cigar. It had a perfectly made rounded triple cap...was filled perfectly...and had a perfectly cut foot. It had a slight manure arouma and a musty prelight draw. I also used a punch on this cigar.

This cigar had just about everything you would want in a cigar. It lit well...smoked even...and was strong enough to keep your attention without overwelming you. I tasted hints of cocco, rasins, and light spice during the length of the smoke. I had a cup of Kona coffee with it after breakfast. I would buy this cigar.

I reached into the pass and pulled out Baggie #12 completely at random. Cigar A is definately the more expensive cigar. I'm not real sure of it's origin. Cigar B is definately the cheaper of the two. I think it has some really nasty Honduran tobacco in it.

Blog Entries

DING DING DING
    Right on the money sarge;
    A: Cubao #5 $6.00
    B: GR Special Black label Churchill $3.00 (I couldn't find exact pricing for this one but its a Gran Habano)

Congrats!!

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    OK folks...I've not smoked in over a week due to my crazy assed work schedule and a little sinus issue. So my palet should be ready for the smoking. I smoked Cigar B last night and Cigar A this morning.

Cigar B...This cigar had a medium brown wrapper with light viens. It was a little longer than a corona. The cigar appeared to be pretty well made with the cap being kind of sloppy. It had a light floral smell that carried over to the prelight draw. I used a punch to open up this cigar. I drank my standard Pepsi Cola with this cigar.

Well to be honest this cigar sucked. It burned hot. The taste was extremely tannic. It did mellow a bit durnig the second half. The ash was dark black and dense just like the arouma. I would not buy this cigar.

Cigar A...This cigar has a wrapper a little darker than Cigar B. It was slightly mottled with small specks. It was approximately a Toro sized cigar. It had a perfectly made rounded triple cap...was filled perfectly...and had a perfectly cut foot. It had a slight manure arouma and a musty prelight draw. I also used a punch on this cigar.

This cigar had just about everything you would want in a cigar. It lit well...smoked even...and was strong enough to keep your attention without overwelming you. I tasted hints of cocco, rasins, and light spice during the length of the smoke. I had a cup of Kona coffee with it after breakfast. I would buy this cigar.

I reached into the pass and pulled out Baggie #12 completely at random. Cigar A is definately the more expensive cigar. I'm not real sure of it's origin. Cigar B is definately the cheaper of the two. I think it has some really nasty Honduran tobacco in it.

7. Default

Thanks for the chance to show my stuff again Jamie!!!

Blog Entries

10th and final round of this year's Review These II pass.

First of all, as a caveat, I'm not necessarily "in it to win it". Meaning, I can bear the humiliating sig tag, I just wanted to see if I can spot a more expensive stick. I blindly picked out baggie #15.

Both cigars appear to be in the robusto-ish vitola, both with natural, medium brown wrappers.

Cigar A:
    Had a very leathery smell to it. At first I thought it may just be a scent from the origin of whoever supplied baggie #15, but after smelling Cigar B, it was clear to me that this cigar did indeed smell like leather. I was surprised. I normally don't notice things like that. No real soft spots to speak of, maybe softer spots than others, but still well-constructed. Using the lighting method recently introduced to me by DW, I went to work. After toasting the foot, no immediate flavors came to me. In fact, I could tell almost immediately that this was a bit of a milder bodied cigar than I'm used to. No distinct flavors, but I rarely get those, anyway. It did burn uneven, and try as I might, I couldn't get it to burn even. Nothing really wrong with it, but nothing fabulous, either. Ash was spotted white/grey. It had no spice that I noticed. Nice amount of smoke, however.

Cigar B:
    Solid construction, no soft spots, this was like picking up a stick. Very solid. I was kind of worried, as there looked to be a vein that could potentially bust open the cigar, but that didn't happen. As soon as I toasted I knew this was a cigar I liked better. It burned extremely even, and very slow. Very tasty. Light spice, but at no time overwhelming. What a pleasurable experience. I really liked the taste and consistency of this cigar.

I preferred Cigar B of the two, and will choose that one as the more expensive of the two cigars. Thanks to whoever supplied baggie #15, and thanks again to Ashauler for running this pass!

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    10th and final round of this year's Review These II pass.

First of all, as a caveat, I'm not necessarily "in it to win it". Meaning, I can bear the humiliating sig tag, I just wanted to see if I can spot a more expensive stick. I blindly picked out baggie #15.
    I need another crybaby to join me

Blog Entries

Well.........logan37 has more company:
    A - Placencia Reserva Organica Toro $ 6.75
    B - 5 Vegas Classic Robusto $ 2.36

Thanks for playing!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Well.........logan37 has more company:
    And what great company it is!

Quote Originally Posted by logan37 View Post
    I need another crybaby to join me
    You got it!

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Welcome Mark!!! It was starting to get lonely over here.

Thread Information