Thread: Looking For Cutter Advice....

1. Default Looking For Cutter Advice....

In honour of 2 New Humidors I just purchased on E-Bay, (Winning Bid Went through this Morning), I have decided to buy a high-quality Cigar cutter. Can anyone recomend a really good double bladed straight cutter? (At any price.)

Default Sure . . .

I really like my Xikar! They come with a lifetime warranty and they have some great customer service too! Of course they work great as well and look very sleek and stylish.

Good luck on your search and let us all know what you decide to purchase.

My $.02
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

XICAR Multitool
    or the XICAR 2 (metal one)

These both come with gaurantees..

I also reccomend the xikar cutter, but I think you requested a "straight" double blade cutter. I don't know if you meant the cut or the shape of cutter. The xikar is in the shape of a v but delivers a straight cut.

But if you were referring to the shape of the cutter, dunhill makes a high-end double blade:

Dunhill cutter
    Last edited by grand cru no 2; 06-13-2005 at 02:03 PM. Reason: to fix my goofy spelling error from xicar to xikar. Go ahead CC I know.

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

i'd also recommend the xikar cutter, even though i don't have one. One of these days i'll have to break down and buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by alexgtp
    XICAR Multitool
    or the XICAR 2 (metal one)

These both come with gaurantees..
    First . . . it is Xikar not Xicar. Second I think you meant to say the Xi is the metal one no the Xi2 which is the cheaper (but still a good cutter) plastic handed model.
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

search froogle and you can find the gold xikar cutters for around $35, not sure if you could get them any lower than that, unless you got lucky in an auction.

Island,

I've seen almost nothing but good feedback about the Xikar cutters. There are at least 2 threads on this forum about them, including this one...
    http://www.cigarsmokers.com/t363-xik...the-price.html

Check them out (then get a Xikar )

Thread Information