Thread: Moving

Default Moving

Well, I will be moving back to my home state of Florida within the next two weeks. Been talking about it for a while and all things have been pointing us there. I walked out on my job yesterday on account of a bunch of bullshit. Felt real good. Trust me, I went out in style.

Sarah and I will be moving in with my Dad until we find a place of our own. We're leaning towards Jacksonville (my home town). My Dad currently lives in High Springs which is about 1.5 hours from Jax. No job really secured yet, but I have enough money saved to last me a bit. Plus I won't have to pay rent.

We figured it's best to move just because of our interest/hobbies and the lack of jobs here. I would just end up at another factory if I stayed here and I just can't do it anymore after 4 years. My body aches like a 90 year old.

My long term plan is to possibly get a business degree and open a place of my own.

I tell you, the thing I'm most excited about is the beer. It's like the freakin' prohabition down here.

All things considered, it sounds like this is the best move. That is cool that you are choosing your future instead of just waiting around for it to choose you. You will be further ahead in the long-run. More beer, more cigars, more jobs, and maybe a new band. Can't go wrong with any of the above.

In all seriousness, if you or your better half are seeking jobs in the JAX area, let me know. My company has a sizeable campus there and I know a few people.

Good luck, Chris!
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

The top guy at the factory just called me and apologized. He finally saw that what was happening was not my fault and was a problem in another department. He said he learned a very valuable lesson about listening to what we have to say. He said he was wrong and I did nothing to deserve what happened and offered my job back. I told him thank you for apologizing but no thanks on the job.

Thanks for the job advice, SLC. I might just have to hit you up if I get in a pinch.

There are no beers in Florida!!!

Congrats on getting out of Gun town...

Dude did you a favor, sounds like. Be vigilant, but don't worry. These things fill in from behind, like when you dig a hole at the beach. Something at least as good will turn up.
    Bruce

Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice.
    Hanlon's Razor

Congrats on getting out of the factory. Be easier to dive this winter too.

Wow, Chris! I'm glad youir out of that situation, it sounds like it wasn't good for you. Good luck in the move!
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Good luck with the move bro, don't get caught with any unbottled or unkegged beer sloshing around in the uhaul
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Best of luck to ya bud!
    Yay! Cigars!

Blog Entries

Good for you! I injured my hand in a factory after working there almost 6 years, and in between getting better and deciding what I wanted to do with my life the company moved their operations south. It was a blessing in disguise because I wasn't moving away from my family. I do not think I would of had the courage as you did to leave what at that time in my life was a good living. I went back to school and I have a really good job now beyond anything I could of ask for other then being the next Stevie Nicks! All my best

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Quote Originally Posted by cinda View Post
    ... I went back to school and I have a really good job now beyond anything I could of ask for other then being the next Stevie Nicks! All my best
    What???? You're not Stevie Nicks??? Holy crap - how did that happen???

Okay - I'm done...

Took me a long time to understand what my Grandmother used to tell me when I had poor grades in school. "That's no problem! The world need ditch diggers!!!" At the time it seemed awfully patronizing - but now it's clear what she was trying to tell me...

Painful as the lesson may have been, Chris - remember your experiences. If you truly don't want to feel like a 90 year old working low compensated jobs, take advantage of your family's desire to help you - get your butt back to school and get your degree!!!

Blog Entries

GG some days when the acoustics are just right in the bathroom, singing into my trusty hair brush.... I can't believe I am not either....

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Best of luck to you and Sarah on the move. I know it will work out for you. Good things happen to good people. It was great getting to hang out and herf with ya'll, good times!

Thread Information