Thread: Hello

1. Default Hello

Hi, I just wanted to say hello. I am new to the forum. I am kinda new to cigars too. I have been a smoker for 12 years. I began smoking cigars about 3-4 months ago. I have enjoyed some decent ones, but nothing really fancy. I think Pardron Anniversary 64 is the nicest I have tried so far. A. Fuente Hemmingway is the next best I think I have tried. I am looking forward to learning alot on the forum and learning which ones I am missing out on and which ones I have to try next!
    I appreciate any and all help!
    Thanks again!

welcome from NY

Blog Entries

Welcome from Kansas.....hit up the newbie sampler thread in the exchange section if you're interested. Great way to get a selection of smokes to try.

Can't go wrong with the Padron annys or the AF hemingways, imho, a good way to start.

4. Default others

Hey,

Do you recommend any others? I have tried alot, Pardagas (DarK wrapper Torpedo shaped), Henry Clay, jeez, I cant remember all the others.
    Any ones that I am missing that are a "Must smoke"?
    I havent tried the Cohiba's. I have not had any Cubans (I have heard they are overrated some, but I dont care, I want to try some of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

My sister brought me back some DON THOMAS Centro #5 when she was on some Cruise back in 1994. They were good Cigars. 1 guy told me those were Cuban Don's, another guy told me they were not Cuban Dons. I dont know.

Thank you!

Welcome from Central Texas

I don't know of anyone on this forum that smokes Cubans. But I'm sure we are not missing anything. All the good producers moved out of Cuba a long time ago.
    Last edited by DeeDubya; 10-02-2008 at 04:30 PM.

welcome from central ohio.
    Mark 8:36

Welcome
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Welcome to the boards from south Louisiana!

Rich

welcome from DC, or Utopia, but never both at the same time.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Welcome from NJ.

Try the Newbie sampler in the exchange forum.
    DG
    SB
    HST
    AOD
    AOG
    CD

Blog Entries

Welcome from IN

There are plenty of non-cubans that are just as good if not better than many cubans , so I would not worry about it too much.

As said above, definitely try out the newbie sampler.

Blog Entries

Welcome from CO.

Welcome from the UK.

Having smoked a fair selection of both ISOM and NCs I have to say that there is a lot going for both.
    When you get to the top end, Ashton VSG, Opus etc for the NC and Cohiba, Trinidad etc for th ISOM you learn that they all have their individual merits.

edit: After some thought I will say that this applies to the whole price range, considering cigars like la Gloria Cubana (Serie R maduro) and the NC Sancho Panza (Double Maduro - I really enjoy these when I have the chance to get hold of them). It is kind of like the comparison between French and new world wines, while there are very reliably good regions and appelations from France, some of what the new world delivers can be breathtaking e.g. Chillean Sauv Blanc.

edit again: Oh and the (NC) Punch Rare Corojo is also a real treat. Think that I have covered most of the price range here, on the ISOM side I have favorites ranging from JlP and Cuaba to RA, Punch and HdM through Cohiba and Trinidad.

Stick around, try the newbie thread and try to enjoy a wide selection of the cornucopia of good cigars that are out there.
    Last edited by stjohnroe; 10-03-2008 at 05:50 PM. Reason: further thought
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Welcome from So. Cal.

Thread Information