Thread: Padilla 1948 Corona Gorda

Blog Entries

Default Padilla 1948 Corona Gorda

5 1/2 X 46
    Wrapper: Nic Corojo
    Binder: Criollo
    Filler: Nic Criollo and Corjo

I'm smoking the last half of this baby right now with my morning coffee. It a beautiful morning here, about 65 degrees, sunny, slight breeze. I'm sitting on the front porch swing listening to the birds.

This is one of my favorite cigars. As always, the construction is great, cut/light were uneventful and easy. Pre-light draw was spot on.

The balance of this cigar is remarkable, the tastes of wood and tobacco mingling with the slightly sweet and spicy finish is a fantastic partner for my coffee. Body and strength fall squarely in the medium category for me.....but damn, the flavor is wonderful.

I've had enough of these to know what to expect from here, which is another 20-30 minutes of smoking enjoyment. The flavors are starting to build in complexity, with the spice moving forward a little bit and mixing with the woody characters. MMMMM, MMMMM Good!!

Might have to give these another try. Got a fiver off Cbid a few months back and it wasn't a good experience. Most of them had draw issues and the wrapper had a tendency to come apart on me. Wasn't an RH/ Temp issue because I let them sit in the humidor for some time. However, I will say that the flavors were great. Maybe it was a bad batch.

This post sneaked past me somehow. Nice review ash, thanks. Another to add to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by logan37 View Post
    This post sneaked past me somehow. Nice review ash, thanks. Another to add to the list.

x2

If I keep following ashauler's reviews to my try list, it might turn into a short story..sorry late night sense of humor.

Will be adding though.

Rich

Thread Information