Thread: Cool Personal Cigar Rating System

Lightbulb Cool Personal Cigar Rating System

Hey everyone. I have been assisting a friend with a new site he has started. CigarBuddy.net is a personal cigar rating system and journal of one's cigar experiences. He has put a lot of work into it, and although it is in it's early phases, it is a very useful tool for rating and tracking each cigar you smoke. He is so dam busy writing code and constantly working on it that he doesn't have time to get out and tell people about it so I am doing it for him.

There is no cost to use it. There aren't even any ads yet, but there may be eventually to help offset the cost. He hasn't really decided on that yet. (once again, too busy writing code)

There is still much to be done and his vision for the application is huge. For now though, you can choose the criteria that matters to you, assign importance values (weight), create your own criteria and view a general report of favorable and unfavorable cigars based on factors and each factors weight.

He recently opened up a forum to the users to post feature requests, bugs and issues.

I encourage everyone to at least give a try and share some feedback.

is the new owner behind this? he seems to be on a lot of programmer fourms ??????

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”

Quote Originally Posted by dustinpollock View Post
    is the new owner behind this? he seems to be on a lot of programmer fourms ??????

Not quite sure what you are asking, but after reading a recent post saying cigarsmokers.com was recently purchased, I am assuming you are asking if he (the new owner) is the one behind cigarbuddy.net The answer to that question is "no" I personally know the guy building CB and it's not the same guy running this forum.

FYI - cigarbuddy.net is not a competing forum either. The only forums there are for support and site related issues etc. For cigar related forums we refer visitors here.

Ok, just jumping on here and shilling for some product, free or otherwise, with post #1, is usually a red flag. How about you tell us something about yourself - who are you, what cigars do you like, etc.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Default My bad

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Ok, just jumping on here and shilling for some product, free or otherwise, with post #1, is usually a red flag. How about you tell us something about yourself - who are you, what cigars do you like, etc.
    You are totally correct. My bad. I actually looked for a new member intro forum here but nothing jumped out at me. Some of the other forums I'm a member at have a specific forum for introducing one's self. I did look but maybe I missed it. If there is a specific place let me know.

About me though, I am a newbie in the cigar world. I enjoy mild to medium cigars. So far my favorites are 5 Vegas Gold and Onyx. I am still learning what I like, which is how I got envolved with the site mentioned above. I've spent a lot of time on top25 reading about the finer points of cigars and such. In my world outside of micro brews and cigars I am a project manager.

Well, I am sorry for just jumping on here and pitching a site. "pitching" wasn't my intention. I just wanted to share something that was meant to be shared.

Blog Entries

No intro forum is just one of the differences between this forum and others. Most of us belong to other forums as well.

If you had taken the time to look, there is a thread on the home page that is titled "Introduction Section" in the suggestions forum. A little reading would have clued you in to the general feeling of the existing community on this point.

Oh, welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by PackinHeat View Post
    You are totally correct. My bad. I actually looked for a new member intro forum here but nothing jumped out at me. Some of the other forums I'm a member at have a specific forum for introducing one's self. I did look but maybe I missed it. If there is a specific place let me know.

About me though, I am a newbie in the cigar world. I enjoy mild to medium cigars. So far my favorites are 5 Vegas Gold and Onyx. I am still learning what I like, which is how I got envolved with the site mentioned above. I've spent a lot of time on top25 reading about the finer points of cigars and such. In my world outside of micro brews and cigars I am a project manager.

Well, I am sorry for just jumping on here and pitching a site. "pitching" wasn't my intention. I just wanted to share something that was meant to be shared.

cool. What ashauler said +1. Every once in a while bump this thread - people may want to take a look at the journal you have.

Welcome.

Also, don't confine yourself to one board - there's other forums out there. Look around and read up.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Thread Information