Thread: Why ?

Default Why ?

why would anyone want to buy a cigar borad ? is there a lot of profit in it ? just wondering

dustin

i miss hexes banner at the top
    Last edited by dustinpollock; 10-05-2008 at 12:00 PM. Reason: just had to add something

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”

Quote Originally Posted by dustinpollock View Post
    why would anyone want to buy a cigar borad ? is there a lot of profit in it ? just wondering

dustin

i miss hexes banner at the top

The key word is "potential".

In light of the fact that this is one of at least 2 boards that Jon has purchased into, I am hoping that it will have something to do with a cigar smokers advocacy group, or some such helpful cause. I would hate to think that this is a purely for profit type acquisition. Jon has stated that he is an enthusiast and wants to do something fun. I can identify with that since I did something similar in my past career.

Jon, care to comment, or should we just let the speculation continue?

Edit: Oh yeah, Welcome.
    Last edited by Shelby07; 10-05-2008 at 01:04 PM.

Blog Entries

Net Worth : $3255.8Last updated 68 Days ago Daily Pageview : 819Daily Ads Revenue : $4.46

http://www.websiteoutlook.com/www.cigarsmokers.com

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Blog Entries

Doesn't appear that the new owner is too interested in answering any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    In light of the fact that this is one of at least 2 boards that Jon has purchased into, I am hoping that it will have something to do with a cigar smokers advocacy group, or some such helpful cause. I would hate to think that this is a purely for profit type acquisition. Jon has stated that he is an enthusiast and wants to do something fun. I can identify with that since I did something similar in my past career.

Jon, care to comment, or should we just let the speculation continue?

Edit: Oh yeah, Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by cinda View Post
    I think this number is a bit old, but its nothing big to get $.10 per page view from advertisers with a bar across the bottom of the page (generally ends up between the last post and the reply button) and you can put ad bars at the top, rotate between multiple advertisers, etc. etc.

In short: There's a lot of money in forums like this if you know how to use it. Very low maintenance (member moderation anyone? Which is generally better for the members anyways because the moderation is more consistent and helpful) so all you have to do is have a server to store it on and know how to repair it and BAM. Free money

The $4.42 daily revenue is so low because there's practically no advertisement here (except for the small advertisement board, I assume they probably pay a little for that)

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Doesn't appear that the new owner is too interested in answering any questions.
    I don't know, Jamie. I really have no data to base anything on yet, except that Jon seems to have a pretty impressive history (but, of course, the internet can fudge just about anything.) Let's give it some time. I'm sure as things move forward the picture will become clearer. I'm going to avoid any conclusions until things come a bit more into focus.

In the mean time, it seems to be business as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    I don't know, Jamie. I really have no data to base anything on yet, except that Jon seems to have a pretty impressive history (but, of course, the internet can fudge just about anything.) Let's give it some time. I'm sure as things move forward the picture will become clearer. I'm going to avoid any conclusions until things come a bit more into focus.

In the mean time, it seems to be business as usual.
    Yep!!! You're right!!!

Ive been on forums since I first got on the net years ago, when I was around 10 or so. Ive been through board closures, merges, buy-outs, and everything else. Some went good, others not so good. Only time will tell, and the only thing we can do is wait till she is ready to tell us.

Be optimistic and hope the change is good is about the best thing you can do in the mean time.
    Yay! Cigars!

10. Default

Net Worth : $14410.2Last updated Today Daily Pageview : 6001Daily Ads Revenue : $19.74
    The older I get ,the better I was

11. Default

Net Worth : $16687.8Last updated Today Daily Pageview : 7042Daily Ads Revenue : $22.86

12. Default

Net Worth : $8343.9Last updated 7 Days ago Daily Pageview : 3232Daily Ads Revenue : $11.43

13. Default

Dang ,cigar boards are a decent investment

damn... price has dropped

Net Worth : $1963.7Last updated Yesterday Daily Pageview : 898 Daily Ads Revenue : $2.69
    Last edited by Bkcloud114; 10-05-2008 at 09:25 PM.
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

Now this is a website...

Net Worth : $1.2 BillionLast updated 9 Days ago Daily Pageview : 550000000 Daily Ads Revenue : $1650003.16
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

Thread Information