Quote Originally Posted by scarecrow0104 View Post
I got the Acid's in yesterday. They are a little on the sweet side for me. A little like smoking ribbon candy at first, then it's like a clove. I'll try some of the other here soon. I will do the newbie sampler, but will have to wait a while.
Thanks for the help.
NOOOOOOO!!! Dude seriously back away from the Acids. Someone was poking fun at you when they told you to go after Acids. The joke is a result of the fact that like Macanudos Acids are a popular cigar that is popular for the wrong reason. Acids get bought by young guys in college or fresh out of high school that are looking to look cool and see a box with a dude on a motorcycle and say hey that's for me. They are a flavored cigar that tastes like shit frankly. Generally if it's a cigar and it's flavored stay away from it. As far as Macanudos go they are the most sold cigar in the US for a reason, they are well known and everybody sells them, beyond that they just aren't that great. Overpriced and lacking any memorable qualities, like smoking air. There are many other mild smokes out there for you to try that are about half the price of a Mac and just as good. Oliva G's or O's would do you nice, Punch will treat you alright, Montesino, Arturo Fuente 858's, all cigars that are in the mild to medium range and all quality. Also don't take a Macanudo Maduro and let that be your judge of other Maduros if you want a good maduro you got to go somewhere else for that. Try a La Gloria Cubana maduro, a Padron, a Fuente all make good maduros, the Oliva G maduro is darn good too. If you feel like something that is pretty darn cheap and still good for a maduro check out the Sancho Panza double Maduro.