Thread: What a Difference Two Months Make

Default What a Difference Two Months Make

This you will find to be pretty funny, specially some senior members here.

I am really new to cigars. Before I started, I spied on the cigar board trying to find info about different smokes and and what you need to get started. I have tried a few through the ages, but I wanted to start enjoying them on a more regular basis, so I started two months ago with a Thompson sampler. They were horrible..

The funny part was when I decided to finally join cigarsmokers.com. I did my introduction and reading(not enough) and posting. I actually posted a trade for those Thompson rocket turds!!!! The members here must have been laughing thier azzas off!! No one beat me down, just gave me good sound advice, and if they did I now realize how off I was.

I am getting there. Thanks to all the good BOTL and SOTL I am now clearly on my way.

I have gone from a free humidor with dog turds to two humidors, a tubidor, and a coolidor.
    The dog turds replaced with Padrons, Fuentes, Anejos, Tats, and Ashtons to name a few.

I am so enjoying the ride. I might have paid for the sticks, but there is no way I could have paid for the knowledge and advice I recieved here. Some of us are not fortunate enough to have the B&M close by and the ones that are, might not be the best.

So the laugh turns into a THANK YOU!

I hope that one day I can help other newbies, the way "The Brothers" here helped me.

Thanks
    Rich

A special thanks to Cabaiguan Juan for my first real cigar trade/buy. Those villigers are good yard smokes.
    Last edited by CAJUNBLAZE; 10-06-2008 at 12:55 PM. Reason: adding ps

Blog Entries

Padrons, Fuentes, and Tats.... OH MY!

Don't feel too bad, My first mail order cigar purchase was from Thompson, but I got some big name brands from them. followed by a phone call every month to ask why I haven't been back.
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Blog Entries

On the slippery slope indeed, and headed in the right direction!! Nice selection of smokes there Rich.

What happened for you.......happened for me also, and many others before us. I still use my original Thompson humi.....it works like a champ.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteash View Post
    Padrons, Fuentes, and Tats.... OH MY!

Don't feel too bad, My first mail order cigar purchase was from Thompson, but I got some big name brands from them. followed by a phone call every month to ask why I haven't been back.
    You didn't join the "Club" over at Thompsons? I think their advertising strategy gets a lot of newcomers. They will be the only cigar company advertising in magazines that appeal to men. I saw their ad in an American Rifleman recently. I thought you might have seen one in Playboy? Anyway, it apparently works. I stopped the phone calls after the second one. Tactfulness is not an Aries strong point.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    On the slippery slope indeed, and headed in the right direction!! Nice selection of smokes there Rich.

What happened for you.......happened for me also, and many others before us. I still use my original Thompson humi.....it works like a champ.

My thompson is the one I keep at work it, and it works fine, too. I took the little Thompson tag of the top and replaced it with a medallion my son gave me from his space camp.

I had the calls stopped also, now how do I do that for Cbid!!!!!!

Rich

Blog Entries

wait a sec, whats so bad about thompson?

Thread Information