Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 08 ss?

An alternative if newbs really want to participate that I thought of is sending their gift to whomever is running it very early (say before the end of November, before santas are even picked out) so that their recipient is picked out and the person running it can take care of all the shipping, so there's no worry of it being sent late. It does involve extra cost of shipping and put some extra stress on the person running it, though... Not sure if its worth it, but its a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by dustinpollock View Post
    its about that time are we doing this this year ?

dustin
    Quote Originally Posted by hex1848 View Post
    I was just about to ask if anyone wanted to volunteer. Any takers?
    I'll run it - if that's alright with everyone. I'll review everything to get an idea of timelines, etc. If no one opposes my doing this, I'll get the rules up in an '08 thread pretty soon - looks like in previous years this was kicked off around the 1st week of November. If there is an issue, lmk pretty quick.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    I'll run it - if that's alright with everyone. I'll review everything to get an idea of timelines, etc. If no one opposes my doing this, I'll get the rules up in an '08 thread pretty soon - looks like in previous years this was kicked off around the 1st week of November. If there is an issue, lmk pretty quick.
    Really Basil?? Well now I just don't know if I want to be involved anymore. HEHE
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Blog Entries

Nice of you to step up bro!! I think first week of Nov gives plenty of time to get the packages delivered by X-mas.

Blog Entries

Thanks for taking the lead on this Ted! Let me know if you need any help. I'll reset the SS password once we get ready to go.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

Ted beat me to it...was going to volu...just late on the keys.

I'm in!!!

Quote Originally Posted by prophetic_joe View Post
    Really Basil?? Well now I just don't know if I want to be involved anymore. HEHE
    Too late! Your soul belongs to Santy!!

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848 View Post
    Thanks for taking the lead on this Ted! Let me know if you need any help. I'll reset the SS password once we get ready to go.
    NP - got a list going . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Lopaka View Post
    Ted beat me to it...was going to volu...just late on the keys.

I'm in!!!
    And, looks like you're lucky number 13!!!
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Ted - nice move.

i am in, i have been thinking about it all year

dustin

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”

Count me in. Have not missed one yet.
    Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

Blog Entries

Question....

Do we want to run the Newbie/SS this year like last year?

Lopaka

That depends on Basil and how many newbies want to play?

DG
    DG
    SB
    HST
    AOD
    AOG
    CD

13. Default

I'm in...

im in
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Lopaka View Post
    Question....

Do we want to run the Newbie/SS this year like last year?

Lopaka

Did any of the newbies outright fail to send their end or were some just late?

just late i think? if we do the newbie thing i am in if, it wasn't for the newbie SS last year i wouldn't of made it

dustin

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”

Im in!
    Yay! Cigars!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dustinpollock View Post
    just late i think? if we do the newbie thing i am in if, it wasn't for the newbie SS last year i wouldn't of made it

dustin
    That's right, both ultimately fulfilled their end, but were extremely late. One of them just disappeared and never came back. The other, well, what happened there was different.

I dig getting the newb's involved in board activities.....but, I think this post says it pretty well in reference to SS:
    http://www.cigarsmokers.com/showthre...777#post100777

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    I dig getting the newb's involved in board activities.....but, I think this post says it pretty well in reference to SS:
    http://www.cigarsmokers.com/showthre...777#post100777
    I agree.

Blog Entries

Dammit... how did I miss this thread??

Put me on the list Ted! and thanks for stepping up to bat this year brother
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Thread Information