Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 08 ss?

If you guys want, I have no problem waiting until next year.

Well, for my 100th post, I will make it a controversial one.

I first understand why you have standards for certain activities here.

I know you all have been newbies at one time.

Now my point of view and that's all it is:

Some of us don't live in big cities, don't have B&M 2 hours close, or even close friends that enjoy our hobby of the smoke. These activities are our only interaction with the only BOTLs that we have.
    I truely like this board because its a more personal and close knit community. Someone here gave me the chance to participate in a pass, and how exciting it is to be part of it.

The downside of such a small board, is that there is not alot of new postings, passes, or trades. These such things are my HERF.

If you decide not to let us newbies participate, would it be ok to let us have a newbie 08ss.
    I would be glad to run it, with the same rules. It would be kind of neat to compare the newbies to the fogs!!

Rich

Edited to add changes in the newbie 08ss

We could have all the members post hobbies, fav sport team, and other ideas, so that we could get to know each other and give ideas.
    Have the delivery date moved up to compensate for any problems.
    Have a insurance gift, donated smokes and such to participate, that way in one does get "lost" or we have a dead beat.

I would really like to do this. I think there are some newbies here that are pretty outstanding people and could be a pre-qulifier to play with the big dogs next year, without being "leftout".
    Last edited by CAJUNBLAZE; 10-15-2008 at 10:56 AM.

Blog Entries

Interesting post. Please understand, a few of us have been here for a while and there is a reason why things are run the way they are. We've seen the good, bad, and ugly. The bad and ugly are gone. All you have left is the good. The reason I asked if we are going to run the Newbie/SS is because I thought it was successful last year. A few hang ups, however over all, successful.

In all honesty, if we are going to run a Newbie SS I think it should be run by someone that has been here a while.

I can see about starting it up...

Lopaka

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNBLAZE View Post
    Well, for my 100th post, I will make it a controversial one.

I first understand why you have standards for certain activities here.

I know you all have been newbies at one time.

Now my point of view and that's all it is:

Some of us don't live in big cities, don't have B&M 2 hours close, or even close friends that enjoy our hobby of the smoke. These activities are our only interaction with the only BOTLs that we have.
    I truely like this board because its a more personal and close knit community. Someone here gave me the chance to participate in a pass, and how exciting it is to be part of it.

The downside of such a small board, is that there is not alot of new postings, passes, or trades. These such things are my HERF.

If you decide not to let us newbies participate, would it be ok to let us have a newbie 08ss.
    I would be glad to run it, with the same rules. It would be kind of neat to compare the newbies to the fogs!!

Rich

Edited to add changes in the newbie 08ss

We could have all the members post hobbies, fav sport team, and other ideas, so that we could get to know each other and give ideas.
    Have the delivery date moved up to compensate for any problems.
    Have a insurance gift, donated smokes and such to participate, that way in one does get "lost" or we have a dead beat.

I would really like to do this. I think there are some newbies here that are pretty outstanding people and could be a pre-qulifier to play with the big dogs next year, without being "leftout".

Quote Originally Posted by Lopaka View Post
    Interesting post. Please understand, a few of us have been here for a while and there is a reason why things are run the way they are. We've seen the good, bad, and ugly. The bad and ugly are gone. All you have left is the good. The reason I asked if we are going to run the Newbie/SS is because I thought it was successful last year. A few hang ups, however over all, successful.

In all honesty, if we are going to run a Newbie SS I think it should be run by someone that has been here a while.

I can see about starting it up...

Lopaka
    Well, not all the ugly are gone . . .
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Well, not all the ugly are gone . . .
    I'm not leaving yet!

Lopaka

wasn't 100 posts the threshold anyway? so you guys should be good.

The way I see it is that the newbie SS is a higher risk game, but it does allow the good players to generate some rep, and the bad boys to bury themselves.

I would be happy to coordinate a newbie SS, but all players have to understand that it is a place to establish credentials, not to expect a windfall.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Thread Information