Thread: New Member

Default New Member

I am new to cigars and have been reading this forum for a while, finally decided to register.
    How long can I hang on to a tubed cigar? I don't want to purchase a humidor yet and would rather not have to get in the car every time a craving hits. Also, anyone have a favorite tubed cigar?

Welcome Winston.......

I don't believe the tubes are air tight.... ya might want to invest in a piece of Tupperware to hold onto a few smokes for ya.....

Welcome aboard. For tubos I like the Romeo y Julieta Churchill en Tubos.

As for storing, stop by your local shop and pick up a Humidor Bag. Toss it in and it should be fine.

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

SFG75 Guest

Welcome to CSmokers!. Listen to Grand cru, he is wise beyond his years.

5. Default

Greetings Grow a thick skin and hang around. You'll like it here.

Welcome from New Jersey.

welcome to the board!

again, i agree with Grand Cru. the bag is a worry free way of storage that lasts 6 months. i'm getting ready to try my first tubed cigar, i have a Carlos Torano Reserva Selecta in my humi bag right now waiting for the right time to light it up.

Whenever my tobacconist sells a cigar he packages it like this:

He says that will last up to 6 months also. And you can just add a little bit of distilled water back in when you need
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Quote Originally Posted by Roham
    Whenever my tobacconist sells a cigar he packages it like this:

He says that will last up to 6 months also. And you can just add a little bit of distilled water back in when you need
    Funny my tobacconist never puts condoms in with my cigars . . . GREAT DEAL
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

WELCOME

All the advice listed above is good. You can get a humidor bag, tupperware or as the pic above shows you can get humidifier pads or disks (my tobacconist sells them for $.50) and they last a month or so and are good for a few cigars in a ziplock bag.

Again welcome and enjoy.
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

Thread Information