Thread: War, Inc.

1. Default War, Inc.

Normally i absolutely LOVE John Cusack... high fidelity is one of the best movies of my generation... so whenever one of his movies comes out no matter what the genre i always rent. Normally they are watchable to fantastic... martian child to 1408. War, Inc. doesnt fall into these categories, it is complete SH*&, the plot is bogus, i couldnt tell if it was meant to be serious or a complete slap-stick(which i hate, death to Will Ferrell, John C. Reilly and Anna Faris).

When I read the back of BD disk and pondered on what i should expect i though this would be another Lord Of War (good movie, nick cage), i was wrong.

Plot-
    In the future the world will be ruled not by governments but by corporations that are so dominating that they have their own personal armies and launch campaigns against other countries. Tamerlane is one of these companies, in the midst of just destroying a middle eastern country called turgekistan(i think) they are bringing much need democracy to the country, turning it into a little america complete with half nude pop-stars (hillary duff) and popeyes fried chicken. On the other side of the story we have John Cusack playing a hired gun, who enjoys putting hot sauce in a shot glass and throwing it back, in fact he has a suitcase full of a wide variety of hot sauce(WTF?). The hired gun is brought in to "take care" of a arab-ish leader in turgekistan, so yada yada yada im not going to go through it anymore. A bunch of humor-full(not) plot later you have War, Inc.

If you enjoy a good farce this may be the movie for you, but i had to cry, i want my 5 dollars back.

-Clay
    Last edited by clay2011; 10-15-2008 at 11:48 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clay2011 View Post
    death to Will Ferrell, John C. Reilly and Anna Faris

When I read the back of BD disk and pondered on what i should expect i though this would be another Lord Of War (good movie, nick cage), i was wrong.
    Lord of War was pretty good. Same coked-out guy that was in Blow. Didn't expect that kind of movie.

Cusack has definitely made some bad films, however. The Grifters, anyone?

But Death to John C. Reilly? WTF? I'm not a big slap-stick fan (in my opinion, Jim Carrey totally stole Bruce Campbell's schtick), but Reilly is a much more accomplished actor than the slap-stick stereotype you've made about him. Yikes.

Welcome from central Oregon. You should post an introduction.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    Lord of War was pretty good. Same coked-out guy that was in Blow. Didn't expect that kind of movie.

Cusack has definitely made some bad films, however. The Grifters, anyone?

But Death to John C. Reilly? WTF? I'm not a big slap-stick fan (in my opinion, Jim Carrey totally stole Bruce Campbell's schtick), but Reilly is a much more accomplished actor than the slap-stick stereotype you've made about him. Yikes.

Welcome from central Oregon. You should post an introduction.
    I never had a problem with Reilly until i saw Walk Hard, it kinda sent me over the edge.

Thread Information