Thread: Introduction

1. Default Introduction

Hello everyone. Im Clay, from Sacramento CA.

Im 23, in college. (Sac State)

Ummm... i love a good cigar and mainly dabble in cigarette rolling.

Im a big knife collector, an expensive endeavor to be quite honest, if anyones got any questions regarding blades, blade steel, automatics, where to buy, feel free to ask.

Only been trying out cigars for a few months now, i mastered my taste for cigarette rolling (rizla spiced wraps and some amsterdam shag), i figured why not try cigars, ... bad idea cause now i got the fever!

Right now im a big fan of the RP 92' line, LOVE some consuegras i picked up a few months ago, lately ive been trying to find the patience to try some singles i got in my box... i hope im not the only one who requires some mental preparation and environment to sit down and smoke.
    Ive had alot of bad luck lately in search of the right gar, such as, some dominican estates cigars i have, terrible draw, nice flavor, but a TERRIBLE draw that ruins the experience. Also have five java cigars in my box, bleck, its like sticking a candy bar in your mouth.
    These days im just trying new stuff, im trying to find the perfect gar, havent found it yet, but i swear on my mothers life i will keep trying!

Cheers.
    Last edited by clay2011; 10-16-2008 at 12:15 AM.

welcome to the board... see this thread if ya don't mind.

edit: never mind that link.

haha, you already posted there, and I even replied. Wow, I need some sleep.
    Last edited by ReV; 10-16-2008 at 12:21 AM.

Welcome to the forum Clay
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Welcome from NY

Welcome from central ohio
    Mark 8:36

Blog Entries

welcome from the hoosier state

Blog Entries

Welcome from Kansas.

Welcome from Northern Idaho.
    3/4 of the Earth's surface is water and 1/4 is land. Clearly god wants me to fish, not mow the lawn.

Welcome from south Louisiana!

Read alot of the reviews, it's a good place to start.

Rich

Welcome to the boards. The RP 90 and 92 lines were the ones that got me hooked on cigars.

Welcome from Central Texas.

Do you have any Jimmy Lyle or Keith Murr, both from Arkansas? I'm sure you know that the late Jimmy Lyle made all of the Rambo knives. I have a couple of their post-mortem knives which are punch marked just above the name.

Also, not quite as renowned Jerry Halfrich from here in San Marcos makes some awesome knives.
    Last edited by DeeDubya; 10-16-2008 at 12:33 PM.

Welcome from Colorado

Blog Entries

Welcome from central Oregon.

I realize being a student, and especially if you are working as well, that time can be an issue, but smoking a cigar shouldn't be so hard. There are many different vitolas available for smoking from 30 minutes to 2 hours. I don't know if I personally would have gotten hooked on cigars with the RP 92 vintages, or the Javas. For me, it was a Padron 4000 Maduro. Opened my whole world up. But it's not important that I like the cigars you smoke. It's important that YOU do.

And that you have a more favorable opinion of John C. Reilly.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Welcome to the boards from Texas!

Since you like cigars and knives I think you should get these. Or maybe DW will beat you to the punch.

Welcome from Idaho.
    ~PackinHeat~

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. "
    -Thomas Jefferson

welcome

Quote Originally Posted by logan37 View Post
    Since you like cigars and knives I think you should get these. Or maybe DW will beat you to the punch.
    Very nice set. I might have to give that a shot. Cutlery is not quite the same though. Why? Because certain people don't know how to use them. Like cutting on a ceramic or glass board, using them to pry open stuck jars, using them for butter knives on a stoneware dish, improper sharpening methods. I could tell you some stories that would make you cringe.

Welcome to the board. I find that mental prep works, but sometimes i'll just do it spur of the moment. It comes down to relaxing, in my opinion. If it helps for you to plan ahead on how you want to relax, then I'd imagion thats what you would do with a smoke. Sometimes I'll just have a particular smoke in my mind and be thinking about it all day. By the time i get home, I've fully committed to that one particular smoke and where, and with what I'm going to smoke it with. It feels childish, but it is also fun.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Blog Entries

Welcome from CO.
    Smoke em' if you got em'

Thread Information