Thread: Good story . . .

Default Good story . . .

So, my 19-year-old was in an airport in Houston getting ready to go on to Shreveport. She calls me while she's waiting on her plane to pass the time and at one point she said that there were a group of people there who looked like maybe they were a band. I asked what made her think that and she said they had instruments with them, etc. I didn't think much else about it and we talked a bit more and then hung up. A while later she tm'ed me and said that sure enough, she'd found out it was a band. And, that one was an older guy with real long white hair. I asked well do you know it is and she said no, and I'm like well maybe you'll find out. In a minute, she tm'ed "Edgar Winter". Well, shit. I called her up and said no way, and she's like who is he? And I'm telling her he was this huge guy in the 70's and trying to hum the crunch chords from Frankenstein over the noise in the airport. Then I asked her to get his autograph if she could and she said she'd try. They all finally got on the plane (it had been running late) and she sat next to the manager. After a few minutes, he had his I-pod out and her listening to the Edgar Winter Group discography. Of course, hearing the songs like that, she recognized Frankenstein and Free Ride. Once they got to Shreveport, she got the autograph and the band went on to New Orleans (I looked him up in wiki and found out that the Winter brothers are from Beaumont, Texas, and that Edgar is a scientologist [minus points for that shit]). She said EW was quiet, not really saying anything while he signed the photo of himself - a bit jaded probably. Anyway, I now have the photo and she got to hang briefly with a 70's music icon.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Blog Entries

That is a great story! I hope she had a cute purse for traving.....

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

That is great!
    Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

Blog Entries

Wow man, congrats on the autographed photo. Must have been a neat experience for your daughter......small world., never know who you'll run into.

That's pretty awesome.

Rich

Sweet.

I was on a plane a couple months ago and sat next to the Newsboys. They're this mega huge pop Christian band.

I wasn't excited, just thought it was weird.

Great story. I'll bet she was pretty surprised when she heard their songs.

Blog Entries

I am suprised that you have to go through Shreveport to fly from Houston to New Orleans. I grew up in Shreveport, and my parents still live there, and it's super expensive to get there.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

That's awesome bro!

Thanks basil. Free ride has been stuck in my head most of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    I am suprised that you have to go through Shreveport to fly from Houston to New Orleans. I grew up in Shreveport, and my parents still live there, and it's super expensive to get there.
    My bad, I think is was American, so that would've been DFW.

Quote Originally Posted by logan37 View Post
    Thanks basil. Free ride has been stuck in my head most of the day.
    lol - you oughta go check out that stuff on youtube.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Blog Entries

I've been humming Frankensten all night since I read this post!

wow, great story! what the hell is he doing in an airport with the regular people?
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Thread Information