Thread: Arturo Fuente Anejo -box split...

Default Arturo Fuente Anejo -box split...

Anyone interested in going in on a box of A. Fuente Anejo Reserva No. 50 Extra Viejo or Reserva No. 55 Extra Viejo?

I found a shop that has a full box of each in stock. The owner hasn't opened the boxes yet and will only sell them by the box. There are 25 cigars in each box. I'm looking for 1 or 2 people that would like to split the box. PM me if you're interested. First to contact me is in. Please include what size you prefer in your PM. We can work out the size if there is a discrepancy between us.

No. 50- is a robusto 5.25x50 $413 (~$16.50 a stick)
    No. 55- is a torpedo 6x55 $350 $468 (~18.50 a stick)
    These 2 sizes are my regular sizes. I don't care which size but obviously the No. 50's are cheaper.
    (prices are with NY tobacco and sales tax included. Found that these prices per stick are $4+ cheaper then online stores.)

There are an odd number of cigars, so the extra cigar goes to you. If 2 people want in a coin will decide who gets the extra. If you are an established member, I will purchase the box on your word.

I'm going to leave this open until Thursday, Oct. 23rd, Or until I hear from 2 interested botl's.

Thanks.
    Rich

Man that is tempting, but just a little to rich for blood this month...what is the MSRP of these?

Rich

no. 50 $8 msrp. no. 55 9.75 msrp.

NY tobacco tax is 50%. So thats the killer. But these box prices are still cheaper then what I found them for online. And I can't find them in stock online.

The MSRP's were not listed on cigarcyclopedia. I got my info from vitolas.net

Blog Entries

These look to about double the MSRP. They are great smokes without a doubt, but I don't think you'll get many takers on a split at these prices.

One of my locals gets Anejo once or twice a year, limits to 2 sticks per visit, but sells right arount MSRP.

c/p from vitolas.net

(Effective January 1st, 2007 there was a minor price increase of 75¢ per cigar for all Añejo vitolas, the first increase from Fuente since 2003)

1. No.49 (7 5/8" x 49) ....................... MSRP = $9.50 x 25 per box = $237.50
    2. No.48 (7" x 48) ............................. MSRP = $8.75 x 25 per box = $218.75
    3. No.55 (6" x 55) ............................. MSRP = $9.75 x 25 per box = $243.75
    4. No.77 aka "Shark" (5 5/8" x 54) .... MSRP = $9.25 x 20 per box = $185.00
    5. No.46 (5 5/8" x 46) ....................... MSRP = $7.25 x 25 per box = $181.25
    6. No.50 (5 ¼" x 50) ......................... MSRP = $8.00 x 25 per box = $200.00

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    These look to about double the MSRP. They are great smokes without a doubt, but I don't think you'll get many takers on a split at these prices.

One of my locals gets Anejo once or twice a year, limits to 2 sticks per visit, but sells right arount MSRP.

c/p from vitolas.net

(Effective January 1st, 2007 there was a minor price increase of 75¢ per cigar for all Añejo vitolas, the first increase from Fuente since 2003)

1. No.49 (7 5/8" x 49) ....................... MSRP = $9.50 x 25 per box = $237.50
    2. No.48 (7" x 48) ............................. MSRP = $8.75 x 25 per box = $218.75
    3. No.55 (6" x 55) ............................. MSRP = $9.75 x 25 per box = $243.75
    4. No.77 aka "Shark" (5 5/8" x 54) .... MSRP = $9.25 x 20 per box = $185.00
    5. No.46 (5 5/8" x 46) ....................... MSRP = $7.25 x 25 per box = $181.25
    6. No.50 (5 ¼" x 50) ......................... MSRP = $8.00 x 25 per box = $200.00
    Yeah thats where I got my info too. I guess I'm just used to paying the 50% NY tobacco tax. I just saw them in the shop when I stopped in to look for the WOAM for Hefty and started talking to the owner. Our conversation went over to the Anejo's and he showed me the 2 boxes of theses that he had in stock.

I don't need the full box or even 6. It's just one of those sticks on my wish list. Since, they are only released 2x a year(around x-mas and fathers day) and I read great things about them. If no one is interested in a split. I would be open for a trade for cash or sticks, if anyone has them.

double post.
    Last edited by logan37; 10-21-2008 at 04:44 PM.

Blog Entries

Wish I had a couple to send ya bro, but alas, I'm all out at the moment. I'll keep my ears open for ya though.

Could he ship these to someone.....say in Louisiana, would he have to charge the New York tax?

Three way box split without taxes may be more reasonable...just a thought.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNBLAZE
    Could he ship these to someone.....say in Louisiana, would he have to charge the New York tax?

Three way box split without taxes may be more reasonable...just a thought.

Rich
    Nice idea but he does not ship cigars.

I'm just going to have to wait for x-mas probably to try and buy one or two sticks. After thinking about what ashauler posted, I realized that it was ridiculous to ask for anyone to pay NY prices.

I'll keep my eyes open. I have a few smaller shops around here that have them at msrp.

Logan, which shop out on the guyland? Maxi's in Franklin Square?
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Logan, also try tampasweetheart. You have to call and give them your email address and then they send you a price list of whatever they have in stock, which improves as you say, at Christmas and Father's day. They are always MSRP and while they imply that they sell out fast, I've seen a pretty fat list last all the from Christmas til Father's Day and even longer.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Quote Originally Posted by BigmacFU
    Logan, which shop out on the guyland? Maxi's in Franklin Square?
    No. Mineola Card & Smoke Shop‎ had the boxes in stock. I didn't check Maxi's yet. I was going to go by there tomorrow if I find the time. However, I know that Maxi's is pretty pricey.

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Logan, also try tampasweetheart. You have to call and give them your email address and then they send you a price list of whatever they have in stock, which improves as you say, at Christmas and Father's day. They are always MSRP and while they imply that they sell out fast, I've seen a pretty fat list last all the from Christmas til Father's Day and even longer.
    Thanks. I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan
    I'll keep my eyes open. I have a few smaller shops around here that have them at msrp.
    Thanks man.

Maxi's is definitely pricey. A great place to hang out though.

I've never been to mineola.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU View Post
    Maxi's is definitely pricey. A great place to hang out though.

I've never been to mineola.
    No lounge at the Mineola shop. I've actually never stayed at Maxi's for a smoke. I've seen the lounge area but never had the time when I popped in. My uncle and brother go there but just to buy smokes. If happen to be with them I think a get a discount because they are both volunteer firemen in Franklin Square. My uncle is the only one of my "buds" that smokes regularly. We usually just hang out in his backyard though.

Let me know if you ever head out there again. We could play some darts or just chill with the big screen.

Hey, Logan. Did you ever get your Anejo 55 fix?

I was able to procure a box from a B&M @ $400. They had it listed for $500, until I complained. Considering I bought 6 boxes of Anejos from them last year (this was March '08), they said they could only give me $100 off from their list price.

They had 2 boxes of 49s, 2 boxes 50s, 2 boxes 77s, and this one box of 55s. My intention was to buy all again, until they jacked the price of each box by $200.

When I left, I told them, "These boxes normally don't last too long on the shelves. I'll see you in March or April and buy them closer to retail, knowing you will need money to pay the lease."

Was disappointed.....but, dude was certain he was going to make more money selling them as singles for $15-$20 bucks.

We'll see by March/April.

Andrew

I picked up a single No. 50. I haven't smoked it yet, as I've been pretty busy and haven't had time to sit with it.

Logan, you coming out Wednesday night? It'd be great to meet; we'll be at florios again.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU View Post
    Logan, you coming out Wednesday night? It'd be great to meet; we'll be at florios again.
    I'm not sure yet. We're looking to buy a house and we have tentative plans to meet with our broker Wednesday evening. I read on CP that some guys are going to the Matador instead(mostly the LI guys).

Thread Information