Thread: Not another !&#&%!@ intro >_>

Default Not another !&#&%!@ intro >_>

Greetings all from CA,

I just wanted to formally introduce myself. My name is Rich and I'm from Irvine, CA. I got into cigars almost two years ago when I decided to go over to my roomies parent's house. My roomies dad is a huge cigar smoker and I ordered my first two boxes there, Montecristo Afrique and Bolivar Cofradia 554. Ever since then I've been hooked... I would have to say the most interesting thing about cigars that gets me is that they're a masterpiece of someones work. The skill and work it takes to turn some leaves into a cigar is incredible and I admire that about them.

I'd have to say my favorites are Tatuaje, Ashton VSGs, and Coronado's by La Flor. I definitely like fuller body cigars but only if they have some flavor behind them. I just got my first Opus X cigar from my roomie as a birthday gift and as much as I want to smoke it, i think I'll have to cherish it forever.

Aside from that, I love the plethora of information that this site and its members provide. I also love how it feels more like a close knit community than just another forum. Thanks CS

Welcome to the forum from Iowa. Tatuaje is a darn good smoke.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Welcome from west Texas
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

welcome

Blog Entries

Welcome from Kansas.

Welcome from south Louisiana!!!

welcome from DC. Try some of LFD's oscuro wrapped cigars.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Silencei2 View Post
    I just got my first Opus X cigar from my roomie as a birthday gift and as much as I want to smoke it, i think I'll have to cherish it forever.
    Smoke that shit!!

Welcome from NY.

Welcome from BC, you have good taste my friend.

Thanks for the warm welcome all!

Blog Entries

Great !&#&%!@ intro.
    Welcome from another noob!
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Welcome to the threads
    ~PackinHeat~

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. "
    -Thomas Jefferson

Blog Entries

Welcome from central Oregon.

I used to work in Irvine before I moved here to Oregon. Worked just off of Jeffrey, and at UCI. I liked working there, but I lived in San Clemente. Didn't really mind the commute at all.

Where do you buy your smokes down there?

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    Welcome from central Oregon.

I used to work in Irvine before I moved here to Oregon. Worked just off of Jeffrey, and at UCI. I liked working there, but I lived in San Clemente. Didn't really mind the commute at all.

Where do you buy your smokes down there?
    Nice to meet you mrtr33, I live off of Jeffrey and Irvine Center Dr. so I'm pretty close to where you used to work.

The only places I get my smokes from down here are Tobacco Barn in Lake Forest off of El Toro and Hi-time Wine cellar in Costa Mesa. I occasionally pick something up from the Cuban Cigar Factory in the Irvine Spectrum.

There are supposed to be really good places in Long Beach and Fullerton but I haven't been to those two quite yet. I think the one in Long Beach is called Taylors, and the one in Fullerton is called Red Cloud.

For the most part I get my cigars off of Cbid and JR.

Did you happen to come across any good shops around this area when you worked here?

Blog Entries

Not IN Irvine, but in San Clemente; if you are ever down there, you should check out The California Cigar Company - http://www.californiacigarco.com/ (their selection isn't great, but the lounge is sometimes fun to hang out in. I personally also found it curious when I was asking the guy for some full-bodied Nicaraguans, the suggestions he made. I'm not saying he doesn't know his stock, but there's something weird going on there. If you look at his home page, who would put Acids on the front page? Just seems odd to me) or in Dana Point, Dana Point Cigar and Wine just off of the PCH downtown. They don't have a website, but you can call 949.487.2442.
    Have you been to that new Club Aficionado place on El Toro in Lake Forest? Also, check out Tinder Box in South Coast Plaza.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    Not IN Irvine, but in San Clemente; if you are ever down there, you should check out The California Cigar Company - http://www.californiacigarco.com/ (their selection isn't great, but the lounge is sometimes fun to hang out in. I personally also found it curious when I was asking the guy for some full-bodied Nicaraguans, the suggestions he made. I'm not saying he doesn't know his stock, but there's something weird going on there. If you look at his home page, who would put Acids on the front page? Just seems odd to me) or in Dana Point, Dana Point Cigar and Wine just off of the PCH downtown. They don't have a website, but you can call 949.487.2442.
    Have you been to that new Club Aficionado place on El Toro in Lake Forest? Also, check out Tinder Box in South Coast Plaza.
    I've heard of the Dana Point Cigar and Wine but haven't been there yet. Never heard of California Cigar Company but I have been to both Club Aficionado and Tinder Box @ South Coast. Club Aficionado is run by some snooty a$$ who over prices all his stuff and has a bar inside his shop which is a $300/yr membership. It's not even in a very nice plaza and like I said, he charges an arm and a leg for all his stuff. He also likes boasting about his "private label" cigars. Tinder Box in South Coast is a pretty nice place, I like the atmosphere and the employees are always willing to answer questions/help. Their cigars are pretty pricey as well but I did get my tobacco pipe there and picked up some sticks.

If you're in the area, or anyone for that matter, I would still recommend Tobacco Barn since its down the street from Club Aficionado and features a large selection, knowledgeable staff and a FREE lounge with some TVs, etc. not to mention the prices are pretty good.

I'm probably going to check out Dana Point Cigar and Wine soon, but probably as soon as I can allocate some money towards my cigar funds... I just picked up a humidor and some sample packs so it's all tapped out.

Blog Entries

The guy in charge of cigars at my wedding this past spring took me into Tinder Box. He knew somebody, and we were out running errands, anyway. I haven't seen or been in Aficionado, but it sounds like typical OC snobbiness bullshit. I have driven by that Tobacco barn, but never been in it. I think he has been there for a while, if it's the same one I'm thinking about. Some of the newer places might be pricier, simply because of California's outrageous tobacco tax.
    Next time I'm down there, I'll have to check those places out. Thanks for the tip.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Thread Information