Thread: Did i miss something?

Blog Entries

Default Did i miss something?

so im at the grocery store a little while ago buying some food. i decide to pick up some of their sushi for breakfast this morning. it wasnt until i got back here that i noticed something odd:

now correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the characterizing feature of sushi that it is raw?

Technically yes, but there are certain rolls which require the stuff to be cooked, e.g. eel and crab or fake crab in california rolls. But yeah, that's still funny! I'm surprised the government allows sushi to be served at all with all our nanny state BS laws.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Blog Entries

I agree completely. You can eat raw fish and meat, but in many places it is illegal to buy or sell unpasteurized milk.

Sushi = rolls, oftentimes involving cooked meat.

Sashimi = raw meat.

Blog Entries

Sushi, is actually WAY more than just cooked or raw fish, but rather the art of preparation.

Here is a helpful link >> SUSHI EXPLAINED

Myself... I know very little about it, other than I can spend an enormous amount of coin at the sushi bar... LOVE me some Sush
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JFellows View Post
    Sushi = rolls, oftentimes involving cooked meat.

Sashimi = raw meat.
    Jon's right.

I've had some pretty tasty raw fish plates - it's really good stuff. I don't know how they get around it, though. Some of the finer restaurants I've been to serve what is called steak tartar, which is basically slivers of raw beef. Prosciutto is traditionally served raw, as well, although not normally in this country.

My wife only lets me eat the nitrate-free bacon. I cook just about everything else, even for just a little bit.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Thread Information