Thread: Camacho Triple Maduro

Thumbs up Camacho Triple Maduro

I will review the Camacho Triple Maduro 11/18 (6x56)

I have to say besides being on the veinny side, it looks like a great smoke.

The cigar felt very firm. I thought I may have draw issues but after cutting the end, the pre-light draw was actually very easy, almost to easy. I was getting kind of leary. I had the cigar in the humidor for two weeks at 65%, but I also read about burn and draw issues being a triple maduro.

I finally toasted the foot and took the first draw. It has a rich chocolate first draw which was very pleasant. Even with the pre-light draw feeling to easy, the smoke seemed to draw smoothly.

The only problem with burn was in the beginning, it failed to light on just one side and took several relights. After the second relight, it burned pretty even through the whole cigar.

The first third you could already tell this was a very rich, complex, and full smoke. There was hints of dark chocolate and expresso. the burn continued with no touch ups. The smoke was very white and the ash was gray with an occasional black speck, and stayed intact.

The second third was pretty much the same. I was glad I ate a steak before enjoying the cigar. It is very full flavored. I did start to detect a hint of a sweeter creamier taste with the dark chocolate. The ash still remained and the cigar had no burn issues.

The last third I could get the hints of pepper and the ash finally fell with about 1 1/2 inches to go. The dark chocolate faded but the expresso stayed. I was feeling a little light headed. I don't know if it was due to the fullness or that I had started to smoke a little faster. It was a great smoke. Make sure you have time to smoke this one, it lasted almost 2 hours and you don't want to rush it.

Conclusion: I wish this cigar didn't have such a hefty price tag, not saying it isn't worth it, but it would allow me to rotate in my everday smokes. It is a must try for either a maduro smoker of course or someone into full cigars.
    Last edited by CAJUNBLAZE; 11-04-2008 at 05:27 PM.

Great review. I could nearly imagine I was smoking it myself.

Blog Entries

Very nice review, thanks for sharing it. The "loose" draw is something pretty common with Camacho smokes, at least that is my experience with them. It does tend to make it fairly easy to over-smoke them....but, if you ease up a bit and don't try to rush the smoke (as you mentioned) it generally isn't a problem.

Blog Entries

You have touched on one of my favorite smokes, my friend...

Once you get used to the draw, (I call it "Camacho-Draw"), you will find that Camacho makes some truly amazing cigars. I don't know how they manage to make them so firm, yet so easy to draw.

Great review Rich, makes me want to grab one out of the humidor... If I wasn't involved with this Power Ranger.
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

I could easily get hooked to this smoke. The first cigar I smoked was a Cohiba Black, and has been my favorite since, but it now has a second seat. The next one I smoke, I will slow down a little toward the end and have more time to enjoy. It will knock you on your seat if your not careful!!

Edit to add: The pre-light draw felt like there was a straw rolled in the center, it was amazing.

Rich
    Last edited by CAJUNBLAZE; 11-04-2008 at 08:32 PM.

Nice review Rich. HOORAY for Camachos!

Great review! I've been eyeballing Camachos more and more recently but now I definitely got to get my hands on some of these.

Default camachos

Most of the forums I frequent are not familiar with alot of the camachos out there. they do make some lower end brands that are still decent. at the same time they make some real good cigars like this triple maduro. this was a great review and in no way could of done any better. this is a nice cigar complimented with the three tobbaco's and five different leaves used. I will definitely buy this one again

Nice review. Makes me want to go out and get one of these.
    Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities... because it is the quality which guarantees all others.
    -Winston Churchill

Fantastic cigar. Full bodied smooth smoke with nice flavor evolution throughout. I have yet to find a Camacho I don't enjoy. That said it is not the best cigar to come out last year I would still have to give that reward to the Oliva V. Still you at least need to try this cigar and keep at least 2 in the humidor at all times.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Thread Information