Thread: LS Who?

Default LS Who?

Boy, that sucked balls
    Believe Dat!

Blog Entries

You aren't kidding. I didn't see the game, but just watching the final score was painful.

All is not lost, not like it is for my beloved Buckeyes; the AP polls usually aren't kind to lopsided scores, though.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Yep, dropped us down to 13th and 14th in the polls. From the way we looked this past weekend, the rest of the season could be equally painful. No need to run for the woods yet, hopefully we can learn and adjust, we have the talent I believe. I just hope we can pull one out against Bama.
    Believe Dat!

I liked us ranked in the top 5, but realistically you can't even be in the top 5 in the sec without a good quarterback. I do think we have a chance at the other games remaining. Sometimes we all need to be knocked down a notch or two. The top three teams fell this weekend, just like in the last couple of weeks of last year. I would like to see a rematch in the sec championship game.

Rich

Be glad you didn't watch... It hurt my soul to sit through that game. I was at my B&M trying to enjoy a Perdomo with that on the TV... Just wasn't possible. The shop closed up five minutes before half-time and I walked away from the game 17-0

Blog Entries

My 2 favorite teams: FSU, and who ever is playing the Gators. UF looked really good. Luckily we get to play them in Tallahassee this year. I'm hoping to get to that game one way or another.

You LSU fans missing Jimbo yet?
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

In addition to Bama, you have to get through the (inconsistent) Gamecocks and, you know, that other team......who are they again? Oh yeah, the preseason #1, Georgia. I'd worry more about them then Bama. Saban still hasn't proven himself (in my humble opinion) outside of Baton Rouge.

I'm afraid my Buckeyes are confined to the ranks of the teens for the remainder of the season. Just not enough going on in their schedule. But I'm also a conference rooter, as well. Penn State is looking pretty good, and Michigan State has impressed me this year.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848 View Post
    My 2 favorite teams: FSU, and who ever is playing the Gators. UF looked really good. Luckily we get to play them in Tallahassee this year. I'm hoping to get to that game one way or another.

You LSU fans missing Jimbo yet?
    Yep, missing Jimbo and Bo. That's the curse of having great coordinators, eventually they'll leave.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    In addition to Bama, you have to get through the (inconsistent) Gamecocks and, you know, that other team......who are they again? Oh yeah, the preseason #1, Georgia. I'd worry more about them then Bama. Saban still hasn't proven himself (in my humble opinion) outside of Baton Rouge.

I'm afraid my Buckeyes are confined to the ranks of the teens for the remainder of the season. Just not enough going on in their schedule. But I'm also a conference rooter, as well. Penn State is looking pretty good, and Michigan State has impressed me this year.
    I've got to admit, at the beginning of this year, I was willing to sit back and just use this as a rebuilding year, with no QB, we need to be realistic, but as normal once the season gets started, you start hoping again. We need to beat Bama, I don't care, Saban's 1st trip back needs to end in defeat for him, maybe years down the road we can go back and forth, but I am not ready for that. Georgia is going to be tough, no matter what anyone says,

I'll give you Penn State, I love how old Paterino (Sp?) is kickin' butt. Who said he was too old to be in touch.
    Believe Dat!

Blog Entries

I'm not 100%, but I think Paterno's been dead for years, and he is more of an attraction than anything else.............seriously, he's done a good job this season. Now, if he can just clean up his team's off-the-field antics. Geez, they are starting to look like SEC players.

Do you have a favorite LSU quarterback? I have always admired Rohan Davey and Jamarcus Russell.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Rohan was pretty good imo. I got a chance to meet Jamarcus once after a game, he's a freak and a good QB, but I am surprised if he knew his colors, thank God he had football talent, cause he would be picking up our trash if not.

I was also a fan of Matt Mauck, he wasn't high on the talent end, but he played within his abilities and didn't make a lot of mistakes.
    Believe Dat!

Blog Entries

Mauck was very technically smart. He knew the game, and like you said, his abilities which (Booty) can't be said (Booty) for all past (Booty) quarterbacks (Booty).

I went to school with Booty, but was never good enough to even walk down the same hallway with him. Can't say I was too upset with his nonexistent professional athletic career. Let's just say our high school hated his high school.

Flynn was another good quarterback ya'll had, too. A little quicker than Mauck, but Flynn never seemed to care about building the team to support him or each other, where Russell did.

Best of luck to you for the rest of the season.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Yep, can't say I was a big fan of Booty. He, along with his brothers seemed to think they were part of LA Football Royalty, I think they felt as though they were the Mannings.
    Believe Dat!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Korean View Post
    I think they felt as though they were the Mannings.
    Manning went to Jesuit N.O., didn't he? Too bad he didn't stay local. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

There is some sketchy history behind the HS program Booty came from in Shreveport. I've been out of the loop for a while, but I know enough to know I don't want to know any more.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Isadore Newman. The company I work for did some work at Newman, it's like Manning University. From what I hear, and what I saw, I think the Mannings gave alot back to the H.S.

The Bootys went to Evangel Christian where Dad was QB coach and head coach. I don't know alot about the high school other than that and they put out alot of good players or they used to anyway.
    Believe Dat!

Blog Entries

I grew up in Shreveport and Evangel was our arch-rival. We hated those guys. All I know now is that Dad isn't at Evangel anymore.

They did produce soem quality players, though. Brock Berlin comes to mind. I am pretty sure he played for them.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

I will go on a limb today and predict that LSU will upset Aabama!!

1. Last time Alabama went 9-0 was 2005, beaten by LSU.
    2. Upset November, last year the number 1 team fell I think 3 times
    3. Saban, Saban, and Saban.

Will need:

1. LSU defense to step up ( one defensive coordinator please)
    2. Alabama quarterback has a bad day, He's overdue.
    3. LSU doesn't throw NOT ONE flat pass. (thanks Lee)

Geaux Tigers

Rich

Blog Entries

Fewer things would make me happier on Saturday than Saban getting his behind kicked. I actually have ulterior motives here: I want to see a Texas Tech vs. Penn State BCS championship. Not to discard your Tigers, but you really can't lose 2 games and expect to be in the top bowls, I don't care what conference you're in.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

I couldn't give a $hit about the rest of the games at this point, if we beat BAMA, it'll be just like we had an undefeated season in my eyes.

LSU by 3
    Believe Dat!

Thread Information