Thread: Welcome me

1. Default Welcome me

My name is Nick,I am from North Carolina, I am 25 years old. I have been smoking cigars for about 3 years now. I smoke all different brands and sizes. My wife and I are expecting our first child in Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by npcigar View Post
    My name is Nick,I am from North Carolina, I am 25 years old. I have been smoking cigars for about 3 years now. I smoke all different brands and sizes. My wife and I are expecting our first child in Feb.
    Nick, is that a question or a suggestion? I can't tell if your asking to be welcomed or if your demanding to be welcomed.

Blog Entries

Welcome, I guess?
    Smoke em' if you got em'

Blog Entries

I'm confused again. It's probably just me.

But welcome. Stick around, there's a lot of good info to be found here. What are some of your favorite cigars?

Congrats on the little girl.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

5. Default

The Welcome me was just a title it does not mean anything other then that.

I like Punch, H.Upmman, Monticristo, Hoya De Monterey, Excalibur, and Heminingway.

Well Nick from North Carolina, congrats on the upcoming birth of your daughter. I saw where she is due on 2/21, which is excellent. Great things have happened before on that date. Like me being born. Being a little Pisces on the cusp of Aquarius, she'll have to work extra hard keeping her feet grounded and her head outta the clouds, and she should take care in choosing her relationships. However, she will most likely be a genius, a natural conversationalist, a gifted artist, beautiful, and have the singing voice of an angel.

You on the other hand, are kinda fuckin' weird. Or maybe minimalism is just your thing. If you're not sure what I mean, take a look at some other intros for reference and go from there.

At any rate, welcome to the board. From me.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

7. Default

Wow basil I have never felt so welcome to anything in my life. Forgive me for not giving an intro that meets your standards.

Wow basil I have never felt so welcome to anything in my life. Forgive me for not giving an intro that meets your standards.
    's'what I thought.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

10. Default

Try using words, you know putting letters together in groups.

What! I said welcome. You should try thinking. It's what most folks do before they start typing. Before you get your panties in too much of a twist, maybe chill and do a little reading.
    - Tom Robbins

Welcome from AZ Nick. Congratulations on the new kid.
    Wild

On Tap -

1. Red IPA
    2. Extreme Red

Secondary - Mesquite Bourbon Mead

"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind." - Humphrey Bogart

He did; he used a common way of shortening phrases/words in English literature. It's similar to a contraction, but instead of combining two words into one with an apostrophe, it shortens one word to a letter or more with the use of an apostrophe (though the apostrophe isn't always needed; see below).

The 's'what = that's what.

"Tis" is a popular example of this, in fact, it became so ubiquitous that people stopped putting the apostrophe for it altogether. Another common one today is 'nother, as in a "whole 'nother deal."

For more on this and other interesting but not oft (oops, I just did it, "oft" is another example) used grammatic idiosyncrasies, consult your basic college level English Grammar.

BTW, welcome; we're sticklers for knowing proper grammar and treating the established community with respect.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Hello Nick. Welcome to CSmokers. I will be your moderator today.

Read your complaint... sorry, I see nothing wrong here. That's just the way things are around here. I will say that if that little item ruffled your feathers to the point you reported it you won't care for this forum at all. You might want to visit some of the many other forums out there and see if any are more to your liking.

... not a good start. Lets see where this goes ...

Welcome from Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Shagaroo View Post
    Hello Nick. Welcome to CSmokers. I will be your moderator today.

Read your complaint... sorry, I see nothing wrong here. That's just the way things are around here. I will say that if that little item ruffled your feathers to the point you reported it you won't care for this forum at all. You might want to visit some of the many other forums out there and see if any are more to your liking.

The new guy snitched on Basil???

Welcome from south Louisiana and congrads!

Just some advice from one newbie to another:

1. Let this pass
    2. Read more
    3. Don't disrespect a brother
    4. Again let this pass
    5. Search before you post
    6. Nobody likes a snitch ( I added this one)
    7. Learn as you go, especially from your own mistakes, hopefully if you read there will not be many
    8. Your words and actions mean everything.

You will enjoy this site, IF you GET IT.
    Good Luck.

Thanks Rich

He really stitched on Basil!!!??

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    The new guy snitched on Basil???

Heavens!

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNBLAZE View Post
    Welcome from south Louisiana and congrads!

Just some advice from one newbie to another:

1. Let this pass
    2. Read more
    3. Don't disrespect a brother
    4. Again let this pass
    5. Search before you post
    6. Nobody likes a snitch ( I added this one)
    7. Learn as you go, especially from your own mistakes, hopefully if you read there will not be many
    8. Your words and actions mean everything.

You will enjoy this site, IF you GET IT.
    Good Luck.

Thanks Rich

He really stitched on Basil!!!??
    Ya, and you know what we do to stitches . . . we fuck with 'em until they begin to annoy and then we rip 'em out

Worst of all, he accused me of having standards!!!

. . . that meets your standards.
    - Tom Robbins

Santa can have judgements, but not standards!!!!

I hope not for my wishes to come true!!

Rich

Thread Information