Thread: Help With Prep for a New Humidor

1. Default Help With Prep for a New Humidor

Hi, my name is Zach and I am new to the world of cigars. I searched the forums but couldn't really find an answer to my question. I just recently purchased a new humidor from Cigars International. It's nothing special, just a small-ish box, Spanish cedar. From my understanding, I am supposed to soak the inside with distilled water? It came with a small round humidifier, and you just peel the back off and stick it to the inside of the lid. Is this all there is to it?
    Again, my apologies for my ignorance.
    Thanks for your input!!

Blog Entries

Search for how to season a humidor, there is a pretty good guide floating around here somewhere. But you have the gist of it. Don't forget to put some distilled water in your humidifier. Welcome to the forum.

Well shit, looks like that thread got lost in the last update. Just get a sponge, wet it with distilled water, wipe down the interior surfaces of your humidor. Then, get some plastic or something to protect the wood and set the sponge on it. close the lid and don't open it again for a couple of days. Throw out that humidifier they gave you and get yourself some beads. Heartfelt has some that many of us use. The humidifier you have will work, but the beads will keep it much more stable. Either way you go, after the couple of days, it should be good to go.
    Last edited by Eville; 09-01-2010 at 12:00 AM.

Thread Information