Thread: Adventures in cheap cigars.

Default Adventures in cheap cigars.

Went to the cigar store today and picked up another Edge, and a 3 and some change Primos, a brand I've never heard of. The guy at the store assured me long filler goodness and a really good value for the price. As is my wont, I picked out a maduro with a nice thick ring gague. I lost my size chart, but it was a bit shorter than a churchhill

I'm glad I'm smoking it on a full stomach. It's pretty damn strong. I'm about halfway through it and I have to say with was well worth what I payed for it. Rich flavor, well made. A little bit of unevenness in the burning, but that could just be cause I've been talking and typing and not rotating it as I smoke.
    I have made it a rule never to smoke more that one cigar at a time.
    Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Galvanicfish View Post
    Went to the cigar store today and picked up another Edge, and a 3 and some change Primos, a brand I've never heard of. The guy at the store assured me long filler goodness and a really good value for the price. As is my wont, I picked out a maduro with a nice thick ring gague. I lost my size chart, but it was a bit shorter than a churchhill

I'm glad I'm smoking it on a full stomach. It's pretty damn strong. I'm about halfway through it and I have to say with was well worth what I payed for it. Rich flavor, well made. A little bit of unevenness in the burning, but that could just be cause I've been talking and typing and not rotating it as I smoke.
    Figure out what brand it was and post up...

Blog Entries

i believe he said it was a Primos

I put the brand, 'twas Primos. Got to looking and this looks like what I had
    Apparently they're by Los Blancos, whom I had never heard from until just now.

Size: 6", Ring: 52
    Made in Nicaragua with Nicaraguan Habano Criollo Maduro wrapper, Nicaraguan binders, and Nicaraguan, Honduran, and Peruvian fillers.

It did end up requiring several touch-up applications of flame, but it was only the middle that didn't want to burn. First and last thirds burned perfectly fine.
    I have made it a rule never to smoke more that one cigar at a time.
    Mark Twain

Thread Information