Thread: Promotion BABY!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default Promotion BABY!!

I was smoking a nice LGC while looking back on my time in the middle east (2 tours before OIF/OEF and one in Iraq for OIF) remembering all the movies that I watched and all the history I have read about what veterans before me have done.

Then it dawned on me that I'm now in that group of Combat Veterans. I'm still the Air Force and have at least 9 years before I come up to eligibility to retire, however, I got goose bumbs just thinking that I'm now part of those stories that my son and grandson will read about years from now.

Speaking of military...

On the 1st of December, I will finally sew/pin on what most consider the hardest stripe for the enlisted to earn. TSGT!!

"Technical Sergeant, or Tech Sergeant, is the sixth enlisted rank (E-6) in the U.S. Air Force. Within the enlisted Air Force, promotion to TSgt has historically been the second most difficult rank to achieve (only the rank of Senior Master Sergeant, capped by Federal law, has lower promotion rates) and is the most difficult promotion most career Air Force members achieve."

To say it's really hard to get is an understatement. I took me 5 tries to get this promtion! I studied my ass off in Iraq and it is now all worth it since I get my 5th stripe in 19 days. A bud of mine on another board did a Promotion Pass to celebrate his. I thought that was cool...however seeing it's right near our SS, I'm going to pass on that idea.

However, I can't just do nothing to celebrate my promotion. Sooo, since I haven't done anything since my Grim Reapers Pass and I haven't celebrated my 2,000th post, 3 years on the board, ect ect ect...I'm going to have a little fun with this.

Since I'm going to be an E-6, here are six questions.

1. What will be my post count when I get my promotion?

2. What will be the score of the 49ers/Cowboys game that my son and I are going to watch in Dallas? (GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 49ers!!!)

3. What is my critter in Wood Badge?

4. What is my favorite scotch? (And yes, you have to put the age)

5. What is my favorite war movie?

6. What is the name of the Propaganda Book the Nazi's made in 1936 that I have an original and translated version of?

7. (Tie Breaker Question ONLY) What is my line number for TSgt?

Rules...there are always rules right?
    1. You only get one guess. Nooooooo editing. You edit, you out.
    2. The guesses must be made by midnight the 22nd of November. (the 9ers game is on the 23rd of Nov if you are wondering why)
    3. The winner is the one with the most correct answers.
    4. If there is a tie, then Question 7 will win! (the person closes to my line number)
    5. You have to have been on the board for longer then 30 days, not a complete dicktard, or on my radar, as of this post to qualify for the contest.
    6. (OK CC, go ahead and check my spelling, syntax, punctuation, and word use )

Wondering what you are going to get??? 6 Smokes from my humi of course!
    Good Luck and let the guessing begin!

Lopaka
    Last edited by Lopaka; 11-11-2008 at 09:49 PM.

Thread Information