Thread: new guy to cigar

Default new guy to cigar

Hey Everyone, I'm new to cigars, had my first cigar, and wasn't happy it kind of got me dizzy, It was Romeo Y Julieta churchill, maybe you guys have any suggestions which cigar would be good for beginners mild bodied. And what age you think guys is right to start smoking cigars, not daily but once a week or twice. I had my first cigar actually 3 moths ago, then we were in NC, at maggie valley, in a mountain cabin, and I just couldn't resist of not getting one sitting in a mountains and watching sun go down. But I was dizzy as hell funny I know, and it reminded me of cigarettes, had exactly same taste after you smoke a cigarette, no flavors in it or nothing. Why was it? Is it because It was first cigar didn't had much of understanding? I didn't inhale it or anything. By the way I'm 17 and just wondering if I'm to young for cigars or were is no such a thing as to young, Cause I know most of the time Older guys smoke cigars and pipes, and I sometimes get what wierd feeling, then they give me what look, then I walk around cigar shop. My boss and my friend got me into cigar smoking, My boss smokes like 5+ cigars a day I know its crazy, but he can't move without a cigar, their all other the place, Montesino, Cao, Cohibas. And my other friend hes 30 smoke cigars like twice a week, we work with him, at same place so same boss everyone is upset with cigar, down were i work. So would be great if you guys could help me out, and let me know how cigar world works, and how fun it is :) Thanks Dave.

First welcome, although I am guessing that your stay may be short.

Secondly, I'm not an American, but here in Canada and according to Wikipedia, most of the US the legal smoking age is 18 if not 19.

Now, as for how to get into smoking Cigars, you have two excellent resources at your disposal, in the two guys you know that smoke. Talk to them, ask them your questions. Also read everything that you can here and other forums or cigar sites, after you've read all that you can, then come back and ask specific questions.
    Just a stay at home dad (retired until I choose otherwise, thanks Canadian Army medical pension) hanging out and enjoying the good life.

Well I know what legal age is 18, but most of the people start smoking cigars a bit earlier or tasting. I'm originally from England actually other were smoking age is 18 too. Well I talked to them a lot about cigars we share thoughts, I know a lot about cigars, but not as much which to choose for a good mild cigar, and stuff like what, they smoke full bodied cigars, and as many times we go with them to cigar shop they are not sectioned which are mild medium or full, and worker down were has no clue, we asked for mild he gave us full bodied cigar.

Blog Entries

You will find no one here that will assist a minor in using tobacco products.

Quote Originally Posted by newbie View Post
    Hey Everyone, I'm new to cigars, had my first cigar, and wasn't happy it kind of got me dizzy, It was Romeo Y Julieta churchill, maybe you guys have any suggestions which cigar would be good for beginners mild bodied. And what age you think guys is right to start smoking cigars, not daily but once a week or twice. I had my first cigar actually 3 moths ago, then we were in NC, at maggie valley, in a mountain cabin, and I just couldn't resist of not getting one sitting in a mountains and watching sun go down. But I was dizzy as hell funny I know, and it reminded me of cigarettes, had exactly same taste after you smoke a cigarette, no flavors in it or nothing. Why was it? Is it because It was first cigar didn't had much of understanding? I didn't inhale it or anything. By the way I'm 17 and just wondering if I'm to young for cigars or were is no such a thing as to young, Cause I know most of the time Older guys smoke cigars and pipes, and I sometimes get what wierd feeling, then they give me what look, then I walk around cigar shop. My boss and my friend got me into cigar smoking, My boss smokes like 5+ cigars a day I know its crazy, but he can't move without a cigar, their all other the place, Montesino, Cao, Cohibas. And my other friend hes 30 smoke cigars like twice a week, we work with him, at same place so same boss everyone is upset with cigar, down were i work. So would be great if you guys could help me out, and let me know how cigar world works, and how fun it is :) Thanks Dave.

Blog Entries

I was under the impression that they spoke English in England.

6. Default

This guy is too young...Ban him please.

Blog Entries

Thanks Dave.
    Dave's not here, man.

Now go away.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

thanks guys for being so nice all of you, I'm turning 18 on december whats a reason i asked about cigar and thought of joining cigars forum, and thought to have some fun. And I am disapointed of all of you I thought you are all more mature but seems as all of you have no clue in your life, and yeah we do speak english back in UK, or if you want you can say what we speak british which has nothing to do with english..... and I bet at least 60% of you tried cigars under age, and bunch of people did it, even main cigar companies owners...... since all of you are like what, please close my account, I have no point of being hear with people like u. Shame.

Shame.
    Shame on you. If your mom knew you'd get spanked!!!
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

CigarLive and ClubStogie are looking for new members. I'm sure they'd welcome you with open arms...

Seriously - got some cash and a need for a cool looking hat or t-shirt? Check in with with the management over yonder - they'll hook you up!

Hex - Wasn't there a box to click when you registered stating that you were 18 or older? I just ran thru the first page of the registration process and I didn't see it.

thanks guys for being so nice all of you, I'm turning 18 on december whats a reason i asked about cigar and thought of joining cigars forum, and thought to have some fun. And I am disapointed of all of you I thought you are all more mature but seems as all of you have no clue in your life, and yeah we do speak english back in UK, or if you want you can say what we speak british which has nothing to do with english..... and I bet at least 60% of you tried cigars under age, and bunch of people did it, even main cigar companies owners...... since all of you are like what, please close my account, I have no point of being hear with people like u. Shame.

Newbie - you were probably ok right up until this last post. Had you apologized and gone away for a month I'm sure you would have been welcomed with open arms. There is a liability with minors being on a cigar board, which is why you were turned away. It may have been unintentional since the question seems to be missing on registration, but I think you screwed the pooch with your last post. It was unnecessary and probably will prevent you from being accepted if and when you do turn 18. It also makes you suspect of being a troll.

So, with all due respect... bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    Newbie - you were probably ok right up until this last post. Had you apologized and gone away for a month I'm sure you would have been welcomed with open arms. There is a liability with minors being on a cigar board, which is why you were turned away. It may have been unintentional since the question seems to be missing on registration, but I think you screwed the pooch with your last post. It was unnecessary and probably will prevent you from being accepted if and when you do turn 18. It also makes you suspect of being a troll.

So, with all due respect... bye.
    +1 well said Shelby
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Thread Information