Thread: who mixes brands

Default who mixes brands

hey folks,

I'm new to this forum. What a great site! Question, I have a humi and I store many types out of the cellophane. How many of you do the same? I have heard they can alter the flavor and I also have heard this is not a big issue?

what are your thoughts?

Blog Entries

Personal preference imho. Type cello in the search box and you'll get about 6 pages of returns.

Welcome to the forum.

The cigarnexus.com site has not been updated in a while, but there is a lot of good info on it. Here is an excerpt from the following page...

http://cigarnexus.com/counsel/cigarstorage/index.html

Q: Will my cigars "marry" if they are sitting side by side in my humidor without dividers or cellophane?

A: No. I understand the concept of marrying, and have witnessed claro cigars that have been slightly stained with oils from a dark rich colorado cigar that were sitting beside it, but that was only after MANY years. Honestly I do not consider the marrying of different cigars to be a problem for those who smoke from their humidors on a semi-regular basis.

I have been storing singles side by side for well over a decade with no impact whatsoever. Personally, I find the concept of marrying flavors between differing cigars to be an issue that "cigar wonks" banter about, but has little basis in reality and does not warrant any concern on your part. You have to keep in mind when you read all the recent advice printed about cigars that quite a bit of it is far too reaching and overtly scientific without cause.

I have kept a wide variety of smokes crammed together for long periods (5+ years) in my "smoke from someday" humidors without this ever occurring. The only place I would be concerned is to always keep flavored, i.e.. rum soaked, Lars, etc. separate. Also for long term aging in quantity I believe in leaving the cigars in their original boxes if possible.

Bottomline - the concept of cigar flavors marrying/blending is overhyped.
    I would tend to agree with this. I have stored mixed cigars together for a couple of years and have never noticed any marrying of flavors.

As noted, this does does not apply to "flavored" cigars such as acid, java, etc.

Thread Information