Page 23 of 58 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Cigarsmokers Box Split

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    I'd be down with hosting the split for August, judging by Corvin's suggestion.

Is there enough interest?

Will
    Like I said, put me down for a 5er at least.
    Just a stay at home dad (retired until I choose otherwise, thanks Canadian Army medical pension) hanging out and enjoying the good life.

I'd be in.

Blog Entries

Sounds good. I'll pull some more info together this weekend. Sounds like we're good for a half box at least.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

If there's room I wouldnt' mind an opportunity to participate, and you'd take a chance on someone who has yet to complete a trade through this forum.

-Andrew
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.”
    - George Burns

“I have to laugh when I think of the first cigar, because it was probably just a bunch of rolled up tobacco leaves”
    - Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by Rugbysh9 View Post
    If there's room I wouldnt' mind an opportunity to participate, and you'd take a chance on someone who has yet to complete a trade through this forum.

-Andrew
    It's not that big of a chance since you'll send your money to Will first and then the cigars ship. No pay, no cigars, bad reputation. From what I have seen, most transactions go off without a hitch here.

Blog Entries

I just got off the phone with John of Smokes On Burdick. Here's the deal:

First, he said that they're a nice mellow medium bodied smoke, with just a hint of spiciness & earthyness, FWIW.

Prices:

7x50 Churchill ~ $280/50 + Shipping
    6x52 Torpedo ~ $312/50 + Shipping
    6x54 Toro Grande ~ $280/50 + Shipping
    5x50 Robusto ~ $225200/50 + Shipping ($4.50$4.00/smoke + $8.00/6peeps = $1.33)

So, what size are we thinking? Personally, I'd be interested in the Toro (votes:III ), or the Robusto (votes:IIII )
    Looks like we'll go with the Robusto.

Here's who's down sofar (correct me if I'm wrong...)

Corvin ~ 10 ($4.50x10+$1.33+$10.40=$56.73)
    Myself ~ 10
    TravPSU ~ 5 ($4.50x5+$1.33+$4.80=$28.63)
    EGQ ~ 10 ($4.50x10+$1.33+$4.80=$51.13)
    K7 ~ 10 ($4.50x10+$1.33+$4.80=$51.13)
    Rugby ~ 5 ($4.50x5+$1.33+$4.80=$28.63)

Corvin ~ 10 ($4.00x10+$0.00+$10.40=$50.40) Paid DC LJ520800919US (Recieved)
    Myself ~ 10
    TravPSU ~ 5 ($4.00x5+$0.00+$4.80=$24.80) Paid DC 0103 8555 7497 2408 4949 (Recieved)
    EGQ ~ 10 ($4.00x10+$0.00+$4.80=$44.80) Paid DC 0103 8555 7497 3457 0708 (Recieved)
    K7 ~ 10 ($4.00x10+$0.00+$4.80=$44.80) Paid DC 0103 8555 7497 4505 6468 (Recieved)
    Rugby ~ 5 ($4.00x5+$0.00+$4.80=$24.80) Paid DC 0103 8555 7497 1728 2932 (Recieved)

That works out to a complete box. Let me know if you want to change your quantity. I'll call today, get their shipping prices, and tally up some costs. Also, I'd prefer a money order. PM me if this is a problem. I need addresses too.

Had to update the prices, as the vendor billed me a lesser amount than the quote he gave me. Those guys. Anyway, for those who already sent payment, I can send you a cash refund, or $6.33 or $3.83 (10 or 5 sticks respectively), or I can send along a comparable priced smoke. You choose.

Thanks,
    Will
    Last edited by badwhale; 08-17-2009 at 02:35 PM. Reason: This is done folks. Thanks Everyone!

Uncle Tupelo

If it ends up being the low side (30) I can take another 5 if needed.

-Andrew
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.”
    - George Burns

“I have to laugh when I think of the first cigar, because it was probably just a bunch of rolled up tobacco leaves”
    - Jack Handy

So, what size are we thinking? Personally, I'd be interested in the Toro, or the Robusto.

Here's who's down sofar (correct me if I'm wrong...)

Corvin ~ 5
    Myself ~ 5 (or 10)
    TravPSU ~ 5
    EGQ ~ 5
    K7 ~ 5 (or 10)
    Rugby ~ 5

We're up to 40 on the high side, or 30 on the low side. Anybody else?

Thanks,
    Will
    You can put me down for 10 of either the Toro or the Robusto.
    Just a stay at home dad (retired until I choose otherwise, thanks Canadian Army medical pension) hanging out and enjoying the good life.

Toro has been my favorite size smoke recently so that would be my vote also

-Andrew
    - George Burns

- Jack Handy

I'm flexible as well -- I could do a 5 or 10. Slight preference for the robusto based on typical time constraints for smoking.

I like robusto.
    Each day I break my previous record of consecutive days alive.

When would y'all like to pull the trigger on this? I'm heading to Cape Cod with the wife, kid and dogs for a week but will be back next Saturday afternoon. If need be I can send out a check today or tomorrow morning but after that it'll be a week.

- Andrew
    - George Burns

- Jack Handy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rugbysh9 View Post
    When would y'all like to pull the trigger on this? I'm heading to Cape Cod with the wife, kid and dogs for a week but will be back next Saturday afternoon. If need be I can send out a check today or tomorrow morning but after that it'll be a week.

- Andrew
    Andrew,

Its not a problem for me to hold yours until you get back. I was planning on placing the order early next week.

Thanks,
    Will

Uncle Tupelo

I really appreciate that. I just didn't want to hold anyone else up so I figured I'd at least offer to get funds out today.
    - George Burns

- Jack Handy

Blog Entries

I've updated THIS post.

Just an FYI, we don't have to do a full box. They told me once you're over 20 sticks, the discounted rate (posted) is effective. I believe its 10% off.

Thanks,
    Will

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Ok, I called to setup the order for a full box, not hearing any objections.

I updated the above thread with Click-n-Ship discounted shipping & final prices.

Thanks,
    Will

Uncle Tupelo

What size did you end up ordering for us? never mind, missed the fist line of the link...MOO...

Got your PM. This will be a great treat for when I get back from the cape.

Thanks again for running this.

- Andrew
    Last edited by Rugbysh9; 07-31-2009 at 01:49 PM.
    - George Burns

- Jack Handy

Blog Entries

Great / terrible news.

My card statment yesterday said $200 instead of $225 for the box.

This means refunds are in order. I updated this link again with the revised info, but the cliff notes are this:

10 = $6.33 refund
    5 = $3.83 refund

If you didn't send payment yet, adjust your amount. If you sent payment, I'm offering a cash refund, or a cigar of comparable price.

Thanks,
    Will
    Last edited by badwhale; 08-07-2009 at 01:37 PM.

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

I got home today and there is still no package from the vendor.

I called and they claim to have sent it Saturday (although I thought they said it would go out monday....)

I'll keep you guys posted.

Will

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

I got home today and there is still no package from the vendor.

I called and they claim to have sent it Saturday (although I thought they said it would go out monday....)

I'll keep you guys posted.

Will
    How did they ship it? No tracking?

Thread Information