Page 38 of 58 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Cigarsmokers Box Split

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    The website says "call" for price on the Coronas. I sent them an email today to inquire about availablity of eithe the Corona or the Robusto. Judging by the other surrounding size prices, I'd say they're going to be between 5.75 - 6.50 each. I've been utterly wrong before though...

The Robustos come out to 6.63 each.

Will
    When you click on it and add a box to the cart it comes out to $225 for 24...

-Buzz
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    When you click on it and add a box to the cart it comes out to $225 for 24...

-Buzz
    See? There's that utterly wrong thing. That's $9.38 each going by the website. I might be able to show some leg over the phone, and get that price adjusted...

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

I might be able to show some leg over the phone, and get that price adjusted...

Will
    We want a cheaper price, not a penalty. Geesh.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    We want a cheaper price, not a penalty. Geesh.

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Not sounding too promising on these...

Just called the shop, and the owner (knowlegeable) was not in. The assitant on the phone said that they don't have any of the robusto or corona size, and most likely won't be getting anymore. I asked why, but he really didn't give me a good reason beside some problem with the perique tobacoo. Maybe they can't get it anymore.

Also, the maduro shade wrapper versions of anything are gone, which only leaves the CT shade grown left. I don't personally have a problem with that, or if we have to switch sizes, however it's up to you guys too.

They're supposed to call me back with availability / pricing. Didn't give me a time frame.

Will

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Dangit Will I told you to shave!

-Buzz

If we can get some of these awesome, if not no big deal.

Buzz - You find the weirdest photos

8. Default

Just called the shop, and the owner (knowlegeable) was not in. The assitant on the phone said that they don't have any of the robusto or corona size, and most likely won't be getting anymore. I asked why, but he really didn't give me a good reason beside some problem with the perique tobacoo. Maybe they can't get it anymore.

Also, the maduro shade wrapper versions of anything are gone, which only leaves the CT shade grown left. I don't personally have a problem with that, or if we have to switch sizes, however it's up to you guys too.

They're supposed to call me back with availability / pricing. Didn't give me a time frame.

Will
    Perique is really hard to find. It's only grown in St. James Parish, Louisiana. There are only a couple of guys growing it now due to the high cost of producing it and the low selling price. The recent hurricanes have made it harder to get. Most of it is snapped up by pipe tobacco producers.

Blog Entries

Here's some interesting info on Perique.
    http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/put-th...ue-of-perique/

10. Default

My local B&M has straight perique in 50 gram tins...I'd be glad snag a tin or two for someone if they want it. It might be interesting to blend some tobacco with it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    My local B&M has straight perique in 50 gram tins...I'd be glad snag a tin or two for someone if they want it. It might be interesting to blend some tobacco with it.
    What's the cost...roughly?

Blog Entries

Alright, let me jack this thread back:

Just got off the phone with "The Man" there. They have one size, one style wrapper left in bundles (sorry no boxes)

Shade grown Connecticut wrapper ~ Churchill vitola ~ 150+/- / 24 = $6.25 each.

Lemme know who's still in, how many, and I'll adjust the final price to include shipping to me, and shipping out to you.

On a related note, I pryed a little as to the discontination of this particular line, and he expalined that the perique tobacoo is expensive (which we've gathered through the last couple posts) and it comes in a barrel, and it's very wet, needs to be dried prior to the manufacturer rolling.

OP rules apply, and don't forget NEWBS are welcome as long as the rules are followed!

Will

Participants:
    Me...............17
    Diagz...............5*6.11=30.55+4.85 PFR USPS = $35.40.....PAID.....DC 9405 5036 9930 0393 1518 69.....RECEIVED
    tdre977............5*6.11=30.55+4.85 PFR USPS = $35.40.....PAID.....DC 9405 5036 9930 0385 3496 70.....RECEIVED
    heftysmokes.....5*6.11=30.55+4.85 PFR USPS = $35.40.....PAID.....DC 9405 5036 9930 0389 2191 22.....RECEIVED
    Mangyrat..........4*6.11=24.44+4.85 PFR USPS = $29.29.....PAID.....DC 9405 5036 9930 0386 2179 78.....RECEIVED
    Last edited by badwhale; 11-15-2010 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Update status

Uncle Tupelo

I'm in for a 5 pack.

Blog Entries

Not a big fan of conn shade wrappers, or the vitola......let me think on it a bit, I may fill out if you need someone to complete the bundle.

Blog Entries

Not a big fan of conn shade wrappers, or the vitola......let me think on it a bit, I may fill out if you need someone to complete the bundle.
    x2 - I'll probably skip this one and save my money for the next Padron split.

-Buzz

16. Default

What's the cost...roughly?
    I'll check tomorrow...Interested?

Blog Entries

Default Update (sorta)

I called Battleground cigars yesterday, but alas, the owner was not in the office. The assitant said he's out this week, however he should be checking his emails, so I sent one. I haven't heard back yet.

Hope nobody minds that this one is moving slow. I have to secure the pricing too, so it might be as late as early next week until I get the order placed.

Thanks,
    Will

Uncle Tupelo

No worries! Thanks for going through all the effort on getting these sticks!

Blog Entries

Default Update 10/20/2010

Ok, just got off the phone, and placed the order for the Mysteriosos cigars. Total was 220, so I'm going to update the pertinent post with the costs.

Check or Money Order.

Thanks,
    Will

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

If you fill it without me, cool....but like I said, if needed I can take some off your hands.

Thread Information